Capitals vs. Wizards

Johannes de Silentio

Aug 6, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I could easily, and unfortunately, see them reaching the same result: eliminated in the second round. However, I'm more confident in the Caps finally breaking out than the Wizards getting passed a 1 or 2 seed in the East.

Jun 15, 2007
It's SO great being a Caps fan not from DC.

You only want to kill yourself when the Caps lose. You don't have to feel that way when DC's other incompetent sports teams do unfathomably stupid ****.

Johannes de Silentio

Aug 6, 2015
Washington, D.C.
It's SO great being a Caps fan not from DC.

You only want to kill yourself when the Caps lose. You don't have to feel that way when DC's other incompetent sports teams do unfathomably stupid ****.

I'm a Caps fan who grew up in Northern Virginia and now lives in D.C. itself, and it's really only the Caps that are "live or die" for me. I'll join a pleasant Nats or Wizards bandwagon should they do well. I used to actively dislike the Redskins but would potentially do the same for them now. It's only the Caps that can get any sort of real negative reaction from me through playoff struggles.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Wiz are a decent team this year, they really turned it around once they learned to play together. That said though, the NBA is all about powerhouse team and the Wiz are not that.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The bullets are a nice story but they aren't contenders.

And it's not like DC has all incompetent poop show franchises. The Nats are a competently run organization as well.

It's really the Dan Snyder era Redskins that make it look dumb. But don't worry folks, he really is hands off this time. For real. Perhaps you didn't believe it the first 4 times the Redskins claimed that, but this time it's for rizzle.

Sep 19, 2008
Wizards aren't championship worthy like everyone claims. Some say this team might be in ecf. That's a stretch.

Example... Today's game. Good team. Not championship team.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wizards aren't championship worthy like everyone claims. Some say this team might be in ecf. That's a stretch.

Example... Today's game. Good team. Not championship team.

It's not a stretch and you gave a pretty terrible example. They were 2-1 this week including victories at home against the Warriors and in Toronto, yet you choose to highlight a predictable letdown game as the example. Makes sense. With the moves they made, they're now two-deep at every position. Jennings, Oubre, Smith, Bogie Buckets, and Mahinmi is a very solid bench. I've been very hard on Ernie and he made it harder than it needed to be, but he's put together a solid roster and Brooks should be a shoe-in as a finalist for COTY.

There is no dominant team in the NBA this year, and certainly not in the East. The Cavs and Warriors are favorites but with Love and Durant injured they're not invincible. Also of note, the Wizards are one of only three teams ranked in the top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency this season, and they're the only team in the East to be ranked as such. The other two teams: Golden State and San Antonio. They're a very good team with one of the best starting five's in the league and they can be a dangerous team if Brooks can optimize the bench rotation. Reaching the ECF, and perhaps the Finals, is not a stretch if they stay healthy and figure out the rotation.

Sep 19, 2008
It's not a stretch and you gave a pretty terrible example. They were 2-1 this week including victories at home against the Warriors and in Toronto, yet you choose to highlight a predictable letdown game as the example. Makes sense. With the moves they made, they're now two-deep at every position. Jennings, Oubre, Smith, Bogie Buckets, and Mahinmi is a very solid bench. I've been very hard on Ernie and he made it harder than it needed to be, but he's put together a solid roster and Brooks should be a shoe-in as a finalist for COTY.

There is no dominant team in the NBA this year, and certainly not in the East. The Cavs and Warriors are favorites but with Love and Durant injured they're not invincible. Also of note, the Wizards are one of only three teams ranked in the top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency this season, and they're the only team in the East to be ranked as such. The other two teams: Golden State and San Antonio. They're a very good team with one of the best starting five's in the league and they can be a dangerous team if Brooks can optimize the bench rotation. Reaching the ECF, and perhaps the Finals, is not a stretch if they stay healthy and figure out the rotation.

They also lost to Philly and Utah.

That being said if they do capitalize it'll be good for the league to see someone else in the finals. Wiz are exciting young team

The people are fully on the bandwagon including me and that's good. Verizon tends to be less crowded for wiz than caps so being there Friday night it was loud and rowdy and you couldn't find many empty seats. Excited to see that place come playoff time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad