Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Sharks: Battle in the Shark Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Can we end the Orlov-Orpik experiment? They just don't have any chemistry together. I want to see Orpik-Chorney, and Orlov-Schmidt.

Also flip Nick and Kuz. Not that Backstrom has been bad, but I think Oshie and Ovie play better with Kuz.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
San Jose isn't much of a threat for Caps so they aren't motivated enough to beat them. At the same time SJ is good too. It's not the end of the world.

Folks who are worried about us being cold... there is still a month to play. And 3+ months if we want to win something. It's a marathon.

Keep calm and listen to txpd.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
A goal against when you're on PP, it's the most frustrating thing to me.

Also, I would prefer 2 minutes penalty instead of PS.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I'm wondering if trotz has told them play hard but don't get hurt, save it for the playoffs.

I just can't see him saying it but they sure play like it.

It would only make sense with such a lead in the standings and all the games recently.

anyway, glad I passed out and didn't watch this one.

Adamsue

Feb 29, 2016
There are lots and lots of reasons for Trotz, at this time of the year, to move guys in and out of the line up. Some guys may need a rest, some guys need to play. I don't understand why this isn't happening.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
There are lots and lots of reasons for Trotz, at this time of the year, to move guys in and out of the line up. Some guys may need a rest, some guys need to play. I don't understand why this isn't happening.

how is it not happening? weber and chorney have been playing and Schmidt not. Schmidt was back in. Carlson is not. Did Grubauer play last night in a non back to back situation?

Adamsue

Feb 29, 2016
how is it not happening? weber and chorney have been playing and Schmidt not. Schmidt was back in. Carlson is not. Did Grubauer play last night in a non back to back situation?

That covers about a third of the team. Isn't Carlon injured?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Out of sync is one thing. This lazy of an effort is another.

SJ has played well. That doesn't excuse our effort. I've seen this far too often as of late where we stand there waiting for a puck to slowly get to one our our players and the opposition skates in and takes the puck. That is being lazy and has nothing to do with how well SJ is playing

Or it's a directive from Trotz to make the safe play. I thought our d-men were unbelievably passive last night. They didn't hold the blue line at all and were back-skating well here SJ ever got possession of pucks. Could have to do with the run of odd man rushes against us recently.

The team in general just does not look right and it's more than an effort issue.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I fell asleep during the 1st. I take it it's not worth watching the replay?

1st period was good hockey, 2nd period wasn't bad either. I don't think you'll want to watch the 3rd period as Caps were coasting and Sharks dominated them.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That covers about a third of the team. Isn't Carlon injured?

what are you suggesting? ov out and galiev in? the caps have 4 spare players plus the backup goalie. the spare players are all playing. don't expect Trotz to treat these remaining games like exhibition games. As much as they might look like they are unmotivated, just taking the rest of the season off, isn't an option.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I like that we changed up the PP.

Before the playoffs started. There is something to be said for hiding what he may want to do, but there is also something to be said for showing potential playoff opponents many different PP looks.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I like that we changed up the PP.

Before the playoffs started. There is something to be said for hiding what he may want to do, but there is also something to be said for showing potential playoff opponents many different PP looks.

I like how we look at 5vs3. Ovi and Niskanen went back and forth on the blue line. Ovi ended up with the puck in his office, sent it across to Backstrom who sauced it to Oshie on LW for the one timer goal.

What I really like is Ovi moving around in a pattern that is predictable by his teammates but confuses whoever is in charge of covering him.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I like how we look at 5vs3. Ovi and Niskanen went back and forth on the blue line. Ovi ended up with the puck in his office, sent it across to Backstrom who sauced it to Oshie on LW for the one timer goal.

What I really like is Ovi moving around in a pattern that is predictable by his teammates but confuses whoever is in charge of covering him.

I like the cross ice passing to players that have moved into passing lanes, that the PKers have not yet figured out.

I think our playoff PP failures past have all but dictated we need motion in our PP. Ovi flat footed dominates in the RS, yet is annually easily squashed in the playoffs.

5-3 has gotten better but think it should be practiced much more than it is - it almost unthinkable how a team that dominates 5 on 3 doesn't dominate even more 5-3 but its like we often looked like we have no plan. I want to see 6 on 4 have a plan, and also 6 on 5. I always prefer that 6th man be an Orge, and parked out front. #Willy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad