GDT: Capitals vs Jets - MTS Centre - 7:00pm CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Maurice pre-game: Did he consider swapping Dano for Burmistrov? Did he factor not pulling Burmistrov after a mistake based on his comments earlier in the season? Injury updates (Myers, Stuart). Most dangerous elements of the Capitals? Change in Washington structure since Trotz took over? Stuart update. Biggest challenge for his D core? What has he liked about Postma's game since being inserted into the lineup? What has impressed him about Postma's character? Similarities between this team and the one a few years back that previously dealt with injuries but came together?

To listen click here.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
FML, why are we still playing Stuart, Burmi and Thorburn? Lets get some of the young guys up from the Moose and give them a shot. Slowly getting tired of Maurice's antics and unwillingness to make progressive steps to improve or make changes to improve the team....groundhog day again today...

oh, the irony of your post...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I can't say I'm at all happy with this. We are playing a good team with a lot of depth, given our injuries on D we can't afford to weaken our 4th line by playing Thor over a useful competent player in Dano.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Not sure this means Melchiori is in, could be Chiarot-Postma on the 3rd pairing. Might just mean that they anticipate Stuart being out for longer and they have a road trip coming up. Melchiori gets some NHL money and can sample the various concession offerings in Washington, Detroit, and New York.

Buff, Toby, Postma, Chiarot, Morrissey, and Melchiori. Those are our healthy dmen, so Melch is in.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

ok that was pretty funny.....Gary starting out with a couple of questions that get Paul a tad bit annoyed.

Sometimes I just don't understand PMo and his double standard. I get he isn't sold on Postma as a player and this interview gives us some hints why. Usually he protects his players and maybe it's just my imagination but Maurice's lack of enthusiasm is pretty evident when he discusses Postma having trouble with his defensive reads and reactions. Saying he really hasn't had a lot of in in game experience etc?

I found that entire exchange painful to listen to as a Jets fan and I always love Paul's interviews.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
ok that was pretty funny.....Gary starting out with a couple of questions that get Paul a tad bit annoyed.

Sometimes I just don't understand PMo and his double standard. I get he isn't sold on Postma as a player and this interview gives us some hints why. Usually he protects his players and maybe it's just my imagination but Maurice's lack of enthusiasm is pretty evident when he discusses Postma having trouble with his defensive reads and reactions. Saying he really hasn't had a lot of in in game experience etc?

I found that entire exchange painful to listen to as a Jets fan and I always love Paul's interviews.

Well if he's lamenting about Postma's playing time then he needs to look in the mirror as he controls it. I think most understand that Postma isn't the greatest in his end but he keeps the play moving the other way much better than Moe's clunkers on the bottom pairing. Neither Chariot and STUART exercise good defensive reads and decision making with any regularity also.

Did he say anything with regards to Dano?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well if he's lamenting about Postma's playing time then he needs to look in the mirror as he controls it. I think most understand that Postma isn't the greatest in his end but he keeps the play moving the other way much better than Moe's clunkers on the bottom pairing. Neither Chariot and STUART exercise good defensive reads and decision making with any regularity also.

Did he say anything with regards to Dano?

No he didn't but fear not because remember Paul doesn't want to let anyone (of his favorites) sit for too long.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Can we please stop moving laine and ehers away from each other

They're a future top line duo

You think they're sending a subtle message by dressing up as dynamic duo? :laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Burmi & Thorbs in the lineup -- Dano on the bench.

I'm sorry, but PM is an absolute moron. Heard part of his interview where he said he couldn't mess with the third line, so there's no room for Dano :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Third line could stay together, just replace Thorbs with Dano. It's obvious that Maurice still likes some muscle in the line-up, and Dano hasn't fully won Maurice's trust for some reason. Maurice is a frustrating coach sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->