GDT: Capitals vs Jets - MTS Centre - 7:00pm CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I had a bad feeling as soon as Helle covered up that puck. Was hoping he'd just leave it behind the net for Buff

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
How is Buff further up the ice than all the Jets forwards on the Caps goal in a tie game?:rant:

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Aaaand Lowry loses the face off.

See this is why I don't buy it when guys like Garret say faceoff winning is not meaningful. That face off was the game right there. Lowry has a high % so usually that was looking good for us.

He had a good game overall. Be nice to get a save from Helle once in a while. We were totally outgoalied that game. Should not have come down to that final faceoff and final save.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I know it's early and the kid has all the potential in the world but this is not the first game Helly cost us.

We haven't had consistent good goal tending in the 2.0 era
Good at times but never consistent.
Pavs is not the answer and not sure about these 2 just yet

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Good, good. Now we just put Laine to the ice, to score that late game winner.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
See this is why I don't buy it when guys like Garret say faceoff winning is not meaningful. That face off was the game right there. Lowry has a high % so usually that was looking good for us.

He had a good game overall. Be nice to get a save from Helle once in a while. We were totally outgoalied that game. Should not have come down to that final faceoff and final save.

If he picks up his man like he should that doesn't happen either.

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb

Garret has never said faceoffs are meaningless. What he has said is that the difference between the best faceoff team and the worst equals approximately 1 win.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
If he picks up his man like he should that doesn't happen either.

Yeah he should have had his man no doubt. But the goalie needs to bail out his team once in a while too. Seems like the Jets skaters had exactly three bad shifts and that equalled three pucks in the back of the net.

Garret has never said faceoffs are meaningless. What he has said is that the difference between the best faceoff team and the worst equals approximately 1 win.

Well there's one win there.

In my view game is more on Hellebuyck than anyone else on the Jets. We should not have even been tied with 30 seconds left. 45-27 shots and the Jets carrying the play all game. Although I'm on radio it didn't sound like any of the goals Hellebuyck let in were good (you can tell because the play by play guys say absolutely nothing about the quality of the shot).

Although credit where credit is due, Holtby was an absolute wall. So I guess I should ease up on Helle a bit.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Helle was hot **** tonight. Idk what's wrong with Wheeler but he needs to step it up asap. Why the **** is Laine NOT on PP1? Thorburn still in while Dano sits?

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
Goaltending has been very unreliable. I think Hellebuyck needs to play a few consecutive games. I think regular playing could really benefit his game. At least the other things are trending up. Jets seem to be carrying most of the play, the PK is looking pretty good and the PP is at least generating chances. I think we just need to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad