image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

GAME DAY: Jets begin home-and-home vs. Washington

JETS GAME NOTES

Tonight's Game

The Winnipeg Jets welcome the Washington Capitals to MTS Centre tonight, as the Jets conclude a stretch of seven of their first 10 games at home, while the Capitals conclude a four-game western Canada road trip…The Jets lost 3-1 to the Buffalo Sabres Sunday afternoon to dip below .500 on the season at 4-5-0…Nikolaj Ehlers scored the lone goal in the game for the Jets, who outshot the Sabres 38-28, including 17-7 in the third period…The Capitals beat the Calgary Flames Sunday night 3-1 for their second win in a row…The return game of this home-and-home set goes Thursday night in Washington, which also begins a three-game road trip for Winnipeg.

November Notes

After putting up a .500 record or better in November in their first three seasons since coming to Winnipeg, the Jets went 4-9-1 in November last season…The Jets are 24-23-9 in November since 2011 and 91-90-21 all-time…The best November in franchise history was in 2009-10 when in Atlanta the Thrashers went 9-3-2 and collected a team record 20 points in 14 games…With 16 games slated for this November, the Jets will set a new franchise record for the most game played in November.

Busy November

The Jets play 16 games in 29 days during November, including 10 on the road…During each of the next three weekends Winnipeg will play three games in four nights and four games in seven nights to end the month…The Jets don't have back-to-back days off again until Nov. 21-22

We Meet Again

This week's home-and-home series against Washington is the second of three such home-and-home sets the Jets will play this season and second of four occurrences on the schedule in which Winnipeg will play the same team in back-to-back games…This is the only home-and-home that begins at home for the Jets…All of the back-to-back games against the same opponent occur before the Christmas break…The Jets are 1-1-0 in home-and-home games.

Quick Hits

- The Jets can avoid losing back-to-back home games for the first time this season with a victory tonight
- Winnipeg has allowed at least three goals in seven of their first nine games.
- All four of the Jets wins have come in games in which they were outshot (4-2-0)…The Jets are 0-3 when outshooting their opposition.
- Winnipeg is 10-for-11 (91%) on the penalty kill in its last two games.
- Tonight is the second of five consecutive games for the Jets against Eastern Conference opponents…The Jets are 2-2-0 against Eastern teams this season.
- In their seven games since Oct. 17, the Jets have taken 225 shots, which is the fifth-most in the NHL during that time frame…The Jets have also allowed 227 shots since Oct. 17, which is the fourth most in the NHL.
- The Jets have scored three or more goals in a game four times and one or no goals in a game four times this season.
- Winnipeg is outscoring its opposition 12-6 in third periods and overtime, but have been outscored 13-4 in second periods this season.

image.jpg

Last edited:

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
First!

Boooooo Caps. Hate the Caps more than any other team, would love to grab a win tonight.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Go :jets Go! "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - is what is best in life" (Schwarzenegger's barbarian)
Those pumpkins...sorry but I can't get out of my head that scene in "night on earth" with Roberto Benigni in a taxi confessing to a priest...

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Really don't like the Caps. We need to win at least one of these 2 games. Both would be nice.

Come on Coach Mo, I know you're reading this! PUT DANO IN! GET BURMI OUT! BRING COPP UP! DO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thank you for this invaluable service. I will be waiting for the news with high levels of anxiety and anticipation!

Where is a Copp when you need one?

Jets are still waiting for Copp to score a goal in the AHL before they call him up, but after 8 games in the AHL it could take a awhile!;)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jets are still waiting for Copp to score a goal in the AHL before they call him up, but after 8 games in the AHL it could take a awhile!;)

The correct reason is the 23 man roster is full. They need to put Stafford or Myers on IR or send another player to the Moose before they call up another player.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am always pessimistic when we play the Caps. They pretty much do everything better than we do. The only thing we have going for us is that it's the NHL and luck plays a huge part in short term results. :yo:

gjg

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The correct reason is the 23 man roster is full. They need to put Stafford or Myers on IR or send another player to the Moose before they call up another player.

I'll give you that Copp is a better option than Burmi but on good NHL teams neither should be in the NHL right now, there is still hope for Copp, he will improve, put a fork in Burmi he's all but done, guy will never figure it out, don't think he has the smarts!:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->