Confirmed with Link: Capitals sign Justin Schultz to 2 year deal 4 Mil AAV

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Apparently Justin Schultz brings out some fierce debates. Should be a fun season!
When have members of the Penguins/Capitals cross-blueline club ever not brought out fierce debates? :laugh: Orpik is obvious, Gonchar had detractors, Niskanen's contract was huge followed by his decline/trade, and heck, you could even include Todd Reirden as the D coach for both teams.

I guess Steve Oleksy might be as close as they come to being non-controversial, but even he had some supporters that thought he should have been playing in the NHL longer than he did.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Right here:

Also it’s kind of silly to expect the message board to let you know when you’ve been ignored especially since in many cases it’s used as a way to escape legitimate harassment (not saying this is why it’s being used in this case).

CCR’s post above directed to me is an example of weird personal jabs that I’m sure Hivemind has received too:

I’m choosing not to add him to the ignore list but I get it that other people wouldn’t want to deal with people like that. What value is there engaging with this?
My comment about said poster is because he doesn’t do well when people argue w him. Hence putting people on ignore. I’m not going to armchair QB that, but I’m not at all claiming Anti-social or being weird. It’s an inability to be wrong, and hearing it from others (or at least, the opinion of such).

I see you ignored the “crowing” aspect of the discussion. Which of you want to talk harassment, then there you have it. Commenting on who you’ve ignored is a kind thing to do?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
My comment about said poster is because he doesn’t do well when people argue w him. Hence putting people on ignore. I’m not going to armchair QB that, but I’m not at all claiming Anti-social or being weird. It’s an inability to be wrong, and hearing it from others (or at least, the opinion of such).

I see you ignored the “crowing” aspect of the discussion. Which of you want to talk harassment, then there you have it. Commenting on who you’ve ignored is a kind thing to do?

Again I didn't say it was harassment I said that's probably why the ignore feature doesn't work the way you want it to (to be effective against actual harassment).

I don't care for the ignore-crowing since it doesn't really add to the conversation.

This is a stupid derail and I apologize for starting it.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Apparently Justin Schultz brings out some fierce debates. Should be a fun season!
LOL. Yes, perhaps he does. Uh oh for 2021!

(and I am dreading Pens fan coming onto these boards — and even the mains — crowing after each bad play Schultz makes. It’s gonna happen, and woe is us if it happens a early and often)

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
LOL. Yes, perhaps he does. Uh oh for 2021!

(and I am dreading Pens fan coming onto these boards — and even the mains — crowing after each bad play Schultz makes. It’s gonna happen, and woe is us if it happens a early and often)

Pens fans lost the moral high ground the moment they signed Cody Ceci.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Not according to @francaisvolantsparis

but I’m with you. Plus we have won a Cup more recently than them (ignore the 5-1 totals, however)

Well I mean I don't think we'll see too many Pens fans come in here to crow about Schultz when they basically replaced the Jack Johnson-Schultz duo with Matheson-Ceci. It's like they are keeping up their longstanding-recent tradition of defenders who like to give up pucks that go directly into the net lol..

Not that we're anyone to talk... but pot meet kettle.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Jeebus people... Can't a gal spend a day at work without threads going entirely off the rails? Don't discuss ignore lists. Use them or don't. I don't GAF. But shut up about it.

/me hit ignore button

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad