Confirmed with Link: Capitals sign Justin Schultz to 2 year deal 4 Mil AAV

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Back to Schultz. The signing is very easy to criticize since he does have the injury concerns. It seems like the team purposely targeted a player of his type and we obviously don’t know how negotiations went. This is a boom or bust contract. It could go market value if Schultz plays like he did pre injury or it could be a GMBM stinker. Here’s to hoping he plays well enough to warrant the $4m average but I completely understand the concerns that posters have

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Save your breath. Backstrom will play out most or all of his new contract and it will be whatever it is. Then he'll retire a Cap, have his #19 raised to the rafters as the greatest centerman the team ever had, and eventually end up in the HOF. And francais will be here declaring that he doesn't deserve it all because he ate a few million extra bucks of cap space once.

If the NHL plays a full season, Backstrom will have 50 assists again. He will continue to be the Caps best defensive center.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
That’s good for some, I suppose.

it would be nice if the site also allowed the person being “ignored” to not have to see posts from the person that ignored them. There is no alert to being added to anyone’s list, so it all seems a little immature to me.

But I’ve never put anyone on ignore. If you don’t want to read them, or respond to them, don’t.

I’ve found that most everyone on here says something that makes sense to me, along the line. So you read what you want.

I do find that some posters are pretty smarmy. And they don’t like being called on it, so they happily click ignore. Create their own bubble, as it were.

the posters here are nothing like what my old board had turned into (hope it never does) so please don’t think I ment it was the same. I’m all for disagreeing and debating. You and I have disagreed on a number of threads, and that fine. I always feel like we can discuss and move on, as with most here. But when somebody is obviously just stiring things up just to get a rise out of people I don’t want to be a part of that.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Back to Schultz. The signing is very easy to criticize since he does have the injury concerns. It seems like the team purposely targeted a player of his type and we obviously don’t know how negotiations went. This is a boom or bust contract. It could go market value if Schultz plays like he did pre injury or it could be a GMBM stinker. Here’s to hoping he plays well enough to warrant the $4m average but I completely understand the concerns that posters have

I think the important part to concentrate on with the Schultz contract is the 2 year term. Without the injury dent to his last 2 seasons he is a 4 or 5 year contract guy and probably more aav too.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
18 months ago LuJo was considered to be ahead of Fehervary by the majority of the forum experts like you.

Prospect Info: - Prospect Ranking #15 - Final Ranking
I mean, I didn't vote in that but okay. I remember Johansen being drafted to lukewarm reception and then being okay, but maybe that just means I'm a transcendental genius because I wasn't impressed with him from the start. Going to be hard to explain how we can both be geniuses and not see eye to eye but that's not my problem.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think the important part to concentrate on with the Schultz contract is the 2 year term. Without the injury dent to his last 2 seasons he is a 4 or 5 year contract guy and probably more aav too.
I agree. The 2 years makes it less of a risk. I can see both sides of it. I didn’t like the signing at the beginning and thought it was a high number but I’m also all for giving a player a chance to prove themselves.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I agree. The 2 years makes it less of a risk. I can see both sides of it. I didn’t like the signing at the beginning and thought it was a high number but I’m also all for giving a player a chance to prove themselves.

I dont like it at all, but I didnt like the Oshie trade. I wouldnt have chosen him. If he is a failure, they are pretty screwed. I am comfortable waiting to see what happens on the ice and what Lavy has in mind

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Kinda funny that the poster here who will literally defend every BMac decision to the grave didn’t like his best move by far as a GM.

Employee427

Jan 6, 2019
One thing that is solid about this signing is there is no NTC or NMC and no signing bonuses, so if we try to get rid of Schultz next offseason it should be doable via trade and even if it comes to buying him out it looks relatively reasonable.

Justin Schultz Buyout Details

Cost Calculations

BUYOUT DATEBASE SALARY REMAININGS.BONUS REMAININGYEARS REMAININGBUYOUT LENGTHAGEBUYOUT RATIOTOTAL COSTTOTAL SAVINGSANNUAL COST
Jun 15, 2021$5,000,000$012302/3$3,333,333$1,666,667$1,666,667
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Cap Hit Calculations

SEASONINITIAL BASE SALARYINITIAL CAP HITSIGNING BONUSBUYOUT COSTPOST-BUYOUT EARNINGSSAVINGSCAP HIT (
washington_capitals.svg
WSH)
2021-22$5,000,000$4,000,000$0$1,666,667$1,666,667$3,333,333$666,667
2022-23$0$0$0$1,666,667$1,666,667-$1,666,667$1,666,667
TOTAL$5,000,000$4,000,000$0$3,333,333$3,333,333$1,666,667$2,333,334
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kinda funny that the poster here who will literally defend every BMac decision to the grave didn’t like his best move by far as a GM.

Funny, eh? Its proof that I dont like everything they do. That is your perception. I didnt like Trotz over Lavy either.

Orpik and Niskanen were bigger than Oshie, though.

meanwhile, I am not defendin Schultz either. I think I was skeptical about Kempny and Jensen as well. Dont take my explanation of what I thnk the team is doing as defending it

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
the posters here are nothing like what my old board had turned into (hope it never does) so please don’t think I ment it was the same. I’m all for disagreeing and debating. You and I have disagreed on a number of threads, and that fine. I always feel like we can discuss and move on, as with most here. But when somebody is obviously just stiring things up just to get a rise out of people I don’t want to be a part of that.
I totally hear you. There’s dealing with a-holes, then there is being overly sensitive and pouting.

most on here are good at dealing w people and handling things in an admirable matter. Save a poster or 2. They use the ignore button like it’s some salvation to their inability to deal w people.

go figure.

and I wasn’t accusing you of any of the negatives mentioned. Not even a little bit. Those posters know who they are.

Reactions: Corby78

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Who cares if someone has people on their ignore list.
Most of the time, no one.

But then you see commentary from posters laughing how they can’t see what’s happening in a thread and explaining it’s because they have so many people on ignore, and that’s it’s been “fun” to try and parse what is happening.

which is an obvious attempt to demean people. Which I do care about. It’s elitist and childish, all at the same time.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It's just annoying to claim someone can't handle debate with a person because they have that person on an ignore list. Some people are legit trolls and it's not worth engaging with them in a discussion. And it certainly doesn't imply that they are anti-social or weird IRL which you did to Hivemind. That's certainly more childish and demeaning than anything you're claiming about him.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
It's just annoying to claim someone can't handle debate with a person because they have that person on an ignore list. Some people are legit trolls and it's not worth engaging with them in a discussion. And it certainly doesn't imply that they are anti-social or weird IRL which you did to Hivemind. That's certainly more childish and demeaning than anything you're claiming about him.

Where did I claim anyone was anti-social or weird? I’ve always stated it’s juvenile and shows a penchant for not being able to handle others peoples opinions. It just does, in my opinion. It’s akin to plugging your ears and saying “la la la la la” when someone is talking.

and it is. as Corby was saying, there are certain posters on every forum that spout gibberish to cause fights — aka the “Troll” piece people always allude to. That’s not it. This board really doesn’t have that (the Caps page).

as I stated above, the board should notify people or ignore posts both ways. Otherwise it just seems like a “I only want so and so in my little Club). Which is elitist. Sure, it’s allowed, and I get it.

Doesn’t mean is should be celebrated, as the person you mentioned seems to do routinely.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Wait, someone on my ignore list is crying about the fact I have them on my ignore list? :laugh:

There is exhibit A. Made it easy.

Juvenile. Which is fine, but act that way and people will call you on it.

@twabby — you call people on stuff all the time on here, rightfully so from what I’ve noticed — how is this any different?

reminds me of watching a grade school
Bully. “I don’t like you (your posts), so I’m going to ignore you (attempt at being hurtful, IMO), and then mock you as well”. If this was a bunch of kids in the school ground, and your kid was doing that, would you be proud of that behaviour?

I wouldn’t. So I’m saying something.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Where did I claim anyone was anti-social or weird? I’ve always stated it’s juvenile and shows a penchant for not being able to handle others peoples opinions. It just does, in my opinion. It’s akin to plugging your ears and saying “la la la la la” when someone is talking.

and it is. as Corby was saying, there are certain posters on every forum that spout gibberish to cause fights — aka the “Troll” piece people always allude to. That’s not it. This board really doesn’t have that (the Caps page).

as I stated above, the board should notify people or ignore posts both ways. Otherwise it just seems like a “I only want so and so in my little Club). Which is elitist. Sure, it’s allowed, and I get it.

Doesn’t mean is should be celebrated, as the person you mentioned seems to do routinely.

Right here:

You keep being you, @Hivemind.

I know you are a big believer in censorship. You must be a real hoot at social gatherings. Probably stay to hear about 20% of the conversations.

Also it’s kind of silly to expect the message board to let you know when you’ve been ignored especially since in many cases it’s used as a way to escape legitimate harassment (not saying this is why it’s being used in this case).

CCR’s post above directed to me is an example of weird personal jabs that I’m sure Hivemind has received too:

mod delete

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Right here:

Also it’s kind of silly to expect the message board to let you know when you’ve been ignored especially since in many cases it’s used as a way to escape legitimate harassment (not saying this is why it’s being used in this case).

CCR’s post above directed to me is an example of weird personal jabs that I’m sure Hivemind has received too:

I’m choosing not to add him to the ignore list but I get it that other people wouldn’t want to deal with people like that. What value is there engaging with this?

Oh please Twabby, you two are widely known to pair up and support each other in debates here.....so sorry if you can’t handle the massive overbearing abuse of calling you on it when you come running to his defense.

The value is to have a little fun around here (yes I can take ball busting myself without wilting like a flower).

I guess instead you would rather it all remain serious and depressing as shit to read, like your response on a recent movie review.....where you try to drag it into political commentary....

Lighten up...talk hockey and don’t get offended when BS is called BS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad