Confirmed with Link: Capitals sign Jonsson-Fjallby (UPD BACK TO HERSHEY)

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Oh yeah, and swedes use commas instead of periods for numbers, and vice versa. Hell, I think all of europe does. Maybe the world. And that stoopid confusing metric system, yeah, that too. Military time, of all the nerve. But the list goes on and on.

Another side story of when I was in Goteborg, it was right I think after "we" pulled out of Kyoto. It was a war zone over there. Well, war for them, versus bullets flying over here in the wild wild west. Cobblestones flew. There was a national scandal as a policeman shot someone, and IIRC the police doctored the audio of the event.

Try and buy american grade cold medicine there :laugh: you have to eat the whole box to equal one of our doses.
You know I think there is only 3 countries that still use the imperial system.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Running home? ;)

Hot take for fun because I actually want this kid to succeed here. Reverse jinx hopefully.

If he doesn't play in NA next season...he'll never play for the Caps in the NHL.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Apple in his second shift!

Watching on twitch right now........ The crowd is so hostile, I love it!!

He creates so much when he is out there, he just can't finish. I guess that is what separates a plug from a good NHL player. Oh well every team needs plugs. ;)

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
LOL, yep. Liberia, Myanmar, and the US. (Technically just those three countries have not adopted the Metric system)
In Canada we switched when I was growing up so I use both. Quite often I will convert metric to imperial. I'm getting better with using Kilometers instead of miles. But for measuring someone's height I need feet and inches. I'm 6 foot 3inches. Not sure what that is in metric. I think around 1.9 metres. That doesnt mean much to me. Weight in metric I'm OK with I'm around 106 KG. And technically that isn't even correct because KG is a measurement of mass. I think weight in metric is actually measured in Newtons. Well wtf is a newton?
So ya I guess I'm saying it would have been a lot easier growing up with metric instead of learning the imperial system and then switching to metric as a teenager.
Sorry for babbling.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Only an apple??? fu fan!

About the running home, is there any chance our GM wanted him to be there, or do we blindly want every prospect here no matter what, even if the pipe is full, or they are clearly not ready, or are miserable here, fully sober? It's hard to say that our development team doesn't highly respect the swedish leagues WRT how many picks we take from there.

I think all signs point to us trusting the Sverigians Prospect Pipe.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Weight in metric I'm OK with I'm around 106 KG. And technically that isn't even correct because KG is a measurement of mass. I think weight in metric is actually measured in Newtons. Well wtf is a newton?

Weight in metric is still grams. Newtons are measurement of force, named after Sir Isaac, specifically his laws of force.

Who keeps the metric system down?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Weight in metric is still grams. Newtons are measurement of force, named after Sir Isaac, specifically his laws of force.

Who keeps the metric system down?

Weight is force exerted by gravity. Which is why your weight changes in different gravity. 120 lbs here would something like 20 lbs in space. Mass stays the same. If your mass is 100kg it doesnt change even if the gravity changes.
Technically grams doesnt measure weight but we use it as a measurement of weight. In metric newtons is a measurement of force or weight.
Sorry I'm babbling again.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Weight is force exerted by gravity. Which is why your weight changes in different gravity. 120 lbs here would something like 20 lbs in space. Mass stays the same. If your mass is 100kg it doesnt change even if the gravity changes.
Technically grams doesnt measure weight but we use it as a measurement of weight. In metric newtons is a measurement of force or weight.
Sorry I'm babbling again.

upload_2018-11-15_21-21-0.jpeg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Only an apple??? fu fan!

About the running home, is there any chance our GM wanted him to be there, or do we blindly want every prospect here no matter what, even if the pipe is full, or they are clearly not ready, or are miserable here, fully sober? It's hard to say that our development team doesn't highly respect the swedish leagues WRT how many picks we take from there.

I think all signs point to us trusting the Sverigians Prospect Pipe.

You don’t really believe they WANTED him to leave....come on.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
You don’t really believe they WANTED him to leave....come on.

You seem... heartbroken ;)

I know I know....

hqdefault.jpg

If he was a core cog at Hershey with a chance to contribute in DC, sure we are upset. Dare I think he wasn't. And it's speculation at best to allege he will now become a worse prospect, or that he is a quitter. We don't even know what arrangements he had with management. Come over, if you don't like it you can go home any time you want. Maybe, just maybe, getting a cup of coffee here was exactly what they wanted? Since he is clearly not ready, and needs more TOI to work on those stone hands.

It's not that far fetched that he came over to learn exactly what we wanted him to work on and how, and now he is back home picking apples and doing just that. I think what happened seems perfect.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If he was a core cog at Hershey with a chance to contribute in DC, sure we are upset. Dare I think he wasn't. And it's speculation at best to allege he will now become a worse prospect, or that he is a quitter. We don't even know what arrangements he had with management. Come over, if you don't like it you can go home any time you want. Maybe, just maybe, getting a cup of coffee here was exactly what they wanted? Since he is clearly not ready, and needs more TOI to work on those stone hands.

It was referenced that he had an out clause date that was approaching.

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You seem... heartbroken ;)

I know I know....

hqdefault.jpg

It's not that far fetched that he came over to learn exactly what we wanted him to work on and how, and now he is back home picking apples and doing just that. I think what happened seems perfect.

Definitely disappointed. Definitely not perfect if you asked Caps management IMO. Hope he’s not a wasted selection. Looked promising early. Oh well. Spots are tight anyway in DC.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
AJF essentially confirmed my suspicions in an interview yesterday. Said he requested to leave Hershey in October, seemed disappointed he didn't make the NHL club (his agent must have game him some shit advice if he thought this was realistic), plans on returning next season, believes this helps his development more, wants to help his club win the title (they lost in the semifinals last year).

I don't really think he's necessarily wrong about development. Obviously the takeaway is that he's playing on bigger ice and not a NA style game, I think people are prone to claim that's a detriment though when guys like Elias Pettersson had zero trouble adjusting. The style of the game is honestly the last piece in the puzzle, if he's still developing offensively he might better himself from being the go-to-guy in Sweden.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So......mad he didn’t make big club, taking ball, going home.

Hope he matures and develops. Expectations lowered.

Upside, it’s Sweden....good place to do those things.

Last edited:

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
So......mad he didn’t make big club, taking ball, going home.

Hope he matures and develops. Expectations lowered.

Upside, it’s Sweden....good place to do those things.
I mean, that's one way of looking at it.

I really don't think fans should feel slighted in the least. The team he grew up playing with basically lost in the Conference Finals last year, this year they're one point behind first place. I think the irony is you have a lot of people who are going to throw him under the bus for perceived lack of intangible qualities when what I see is the opposite. I see a guy who had unfinished business and loyalty to his club. This thing literally happens all the time only we seep players do it before signing they're ELC and returning to Europe for whatever league.

The only concern I see is that he's burning a year of his ELC and that he signed that contract to begin with. Like I said I think he got some shit advice from someone and that skewered his perception of the process. If he doesn't sign his ELC we're looking at a deal we've seen a thousand times. Kid comes into camp, wows the team, doesn't make the main roster, goes back to Europe.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sleighted? Nah, but you want to see guys who are eager to be here and who are willing to do everything it takes, and a wasted year to boot. Some would suggest signing a contract is a commitment to be HERE. Oh well, I’ll check in at training camp next year to see if he’s come back I guess....enthusiasm will be tempered I’m sure when I see a goal highlight or two this year.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Segenhauler (I know I butchered that one) had some things going on and bounced back home a couple times. Everything seems to be working well for him now. I wouldn’t worry too much this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad