GDT: Capitals @ Redwings March 16th, 2011 7:30pm

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
have friends in the mustang program at Ford and at Ford Racing. Michigan is great. Too damn freaking cold, but no reason to bust on it.

boudreau for the adams. any team this close to winning their conference with 3 rookie goalies, 2 rookie shutdown defensemen, and 2 rookie centers. would have to be considered for the adams. or the team was the most explosive offensive team in the league last season and has changed its style to be one of the top defensive teams would have to earn the same recognition.

that the team has become a top defensive team with half or more of its primary defensive players being rookies, thats insane. with the rest being top end offensive one way players.....unconsious. but since its bruce boudreau, its most just confusing.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Pretty sure that guy's a Caps fan based on his location being "Kwame's old mansion." :naughty:
Kilpatrick?

If there's one team it's useless to dress King against it's this one. Oh well, no other option.

Last edited:

ColincampbellOscopy

Jan 15, 2009
VogsCaps Mike Vogel

Boudreau is going with Neuvirth in net tonight. Erskine and Fehr

I'm having my doubts on how Boudreau is handling this goalie situation. First, Neuvirth gets rusty after long breaks in playing time, that's his thing, he's stronger the more often he plays. Second, Holtby has had a nice run, but Neuvirth should have earned the right to be your playoff goalie at this point, and Holtby's play should not be changing that. Braden belongs with the Bears this year. Finally, we all know what's going to happen. If Neuvirth loses tonight, he's going back to Holtby and the goalie carousel will spin. Throw in Varlamov's return and we're going to go into the playoffs with three goalies who don't know where they stand.

That's the worst case, but it's entirely likely.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I like the way he has handled his goalies this year. Bruce has already announced his number one. I dont see him floundering one bit. Holtby almost on cue showed a few flaws, but Bruce got to see if BH can be our backup in the playoffs. I think he got his answer. Plus, Neuvy had gotten injured and needed time off; Neuvy's number one status was never questioned or threatened. Now its time to roll with Neuvy and I expect him to maybe only get a game off to get Varly a rust shaker. I wonder if we see Varly at all again this year.

Nitpicking, I would have liked BB to give a game to Holtby earlier in his first callup, as a courtesy to the kid, but other than that, I am fine with how he has managed the greenhorns.

ColincampbellOscopy

Jan 15, 2009
I like the way he has handled his goalies this year. Bruce has already announced his number one. I dont see him floundering one bit. Holtby almost on cue showed a few flaws, but Bruce got to see if BH can be our backup in the playoffs. I think he got his answer. Plus, Neuvy had gotten injured and needed time off; Neuvy's number one status was never questioned or threatened. Now its time to roll with Neuvy and I expect him to maybe only get a game off to get Varly a rust shaker. I wonder if we see Varly at all again this year.

Nitpicking, I would have liked BB to give a game to Holtby earlier in his first callup, as a courtesy to the kid, but other than that, I am fine with how he has managed the greenhorns.

Vogel said:

Boudreau says next six or seven games will be key in deciding which goaltender gets the net for Game 1 of the ECQF series next month. #Caps

He seems undecided.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004

I'm not a fan of all of his decisions and the comments he has made to the media about the goalies, even if some of the comments are strategic/intended to be motivational. I think Neuvirth should be the playoff starter unless an injury or struggles going forward, but I don't have as much faith as you that the decision has been made. I am not sure what you are reading and listening to that makes you think that he has made a starting goalie#1 determination and stated it externally from the room.

VogsCaps Mike Vogel
Boudreau says next six or seven games will be key in deciding which goaltender gets the net for Game 1 of the ECQF series next month. #Caps

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
WRT BB and Adams. If we finish top 2 in conference given the rookie and injury situation that TXPD mentioned PLUS given the complete change in defense and PK... with the defensive change occuring DURING the season (ie no camp time to work on it).

Well, he HAS to be in consideration again IMHO. What he did before was impressive. This season is just as impressive but doesn't come across that way cause to the layman, its a team that went from Prez trophy to LESS points.

ColincampbellOscopy

Jan 15, 2009
SMOKE!

BB also said that before with full knowledge of who he wanted.

edit: but this time I agree that its open.

I'm hoping :laugh:.

I guess the ideal situation would be to get everybody a game over the next 5 or so, but then you absolutely have to finish the season with Neuvy getting the final 6 or however many are exactly left after that. I really hope he doesn't play around, because setting up the quick hook isn't good for confidence.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
adams or not, this season would have to prove that the guy can coach. there was this perception that boudreau didnt even have a system. he just turned the players loose.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
If the Devils make the PO and Lemaire doesn't get it…well that is on par with the standards of NHL refs.:laugh:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's not about the opponent, it's about having no healthy players on the roster other than King and not using 1 of 4 allowed recalls (under non-emergency conditions.)

Who got injured since yesterday? We had a full roster with Beagle in there, why change it up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->