GDT: Capitals @ Redwings March 16th, 2011 7:30pm

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Biggest game of the year so far for the Caps. It would be a huge win.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Hard for me not to think the Caps get rolled in this one - too much going against them. Injuries, end of a back-to-back in different road cities, line-shuffling, etc.

OTOH, I haven't heard what Bruce is going to say to piss off Detroit, so there's the psychological X factor.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Mizzu is the show me state

Edit: ie why would one pick us given the SJ east rep that's building (rightly or wrongly).

i dont picking the caps is what he was talking about. i think it was more that everyone is picking philly. if not philly, then boston, pittsburgh, montreal and nj if they get in.

bonzilla

Aug 3, 2005
Va
i am hearing he's going to say yzerman's a punk and fedorov was the better player and leader.[/QUOT.

"Scotty Bowman had this talking frog that set the lines for him..true story! The frog spoke only in french as the story goes..That was one ------g smart little -----r!"

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
i dont picking the caps is what he was talking about. i think it was more that everyone is picking philly. if not philly, then boston, pittsburgh, montreal and nj if they get in.

Isn't picking all of those teams by definition NOT picking the caps?

Funkyalligator

Mar 3, 2004
What is totally insane to me is the fact that the Caps will be playing in MTL a 2nd time in a row without even having gone home yet from this brutal roadtrip. I'm also loving the fact that they're going to be very tested from the roadtrip...hopefully the Caps can set a record for most consecutive road wins tonight.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Fack the free point. Grab your sack. Be a man, win or lose. 1st should mean nothing to us. Winning is all that matters - even delusional charlie knows. Bruce does not come across as one of those lame coaches that plays for a f'in yawner killing the league killing scoring gift point. Go for the jugs err jugular.

I hate hearing every teams wins records getting shattered with the tie having gone to the wayside. 40 wins three years in a row means nothing to me, really.

F Detroit. I am with you BCF. F everyone. I am pissed.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Have you heard someone say "it's missouri" that way before or is it something you're hoping will catch on?

Cause my best guess was that you meant they were going to name a river after the team.

I've said something similar in the past but only because the Army wanted me to be a Drill Sergeant at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. Everyone I talked to said it sucked donkey balls so I started interchanging Missouri and Misery.

Vladiator16*

Well, Its almost imposible to pick Caps in this one...

3-1 CAPS!

MoJo shows again why Detroit waned him so much.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Isn't picking all of those teams by definition NOT picking the caps?

i think what i was trying to say there is that its not that the caps arent being picked as the favorite but that they are not in the conversation at all. probably should have typed it that way.

that said, just read the main board where a surprising chuck of that thread are picking the caps to the ecf at minimum.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
I've said something similar in the past but only because the Army wanted me to be a Drill Sergeant at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. Everyone I talked to said it sucked donkey balls so I started interchanging Missouri and Misery.

Yep nearly every donkey I've met from there in the military kept saying "i'm from Missouri and its the show me state... so, you're going to have to prove to me that blah blah blah".

So that's where it sticks for me.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
On the optimistic side, Detroit hasn't been playing as their usual self lately, although they are still hitting .500 and are definitely still dangerous. Winning in convincingly in Montreal was really crucial I think. Not only does it keep everyone in high spirits for the rest of the road game, but it also helps keep everyone confident that they can win against a strong team even without some of the top players.

I think they've got a shot. It depends on how much vodka Ovi decides to drink tonight.

Best. Avatar. Ever.

i am hearing he's going to say yzerman's a punk and fedorov was the better player and leader.

Pissing off two teams for the price of one. Me likey.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe Bruce will make a sly comment about how he can buy a city block in Detroit for the money he makes doing one of his commercials. Announce a bounty on their Byng candidate.

Is he sticious or not? Make it happen Bruce.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
espn talking about BB in the running for Jack Adams. How sweet would it be for him to win it after so many people wanted and still do to get fired.

Anyways big test tonight vs one of the top teams in the league. Im hoping we give nuevy a chance to play, Holtbys run has been nice but i think hes due for a night off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad