GDT: Capitals @ Redwings March 16th, 2011 7:30pm

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You guys have a good team heading in right direction. There are couple Wings fans who say Caps remind them of 90's red wings.. the offensive juggernaut turned into SC champions.

btw Z has amazing backhand (one of the best, if not the best in the leauge in my humble opinion) however he throws alot of puck to the net as well.

Neuvirth looked good, if not ever so slightly green. However if he can maintain this level of play in playoff, I think you guys have good enough team to pull through when injured players are back. Good luck rest of the way. Will root for you guys coming out of East.

As I'll be rooting for Detroit in the West. I want revenge for 1998! ;)

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Another good game by the Caps. Not good enough to beat the Wings, but pretty good, all things considering.

I am more of a Varly fan, but I don't think the last goal was soft. It looked like Neuvy was hugging the post well, and beyond that, can't ask the man to grow taller. There's no chance to react to a backhand shot from that close. Z just placed it perfectly.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I might agree with the earlier claim that "Neuvy shut his eyes" on that shot. He froze like a deer in the headlights.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
I interpreted that joke as aimed at the invaders from another board . . .

I'd fire your interpreter...:sarcasm:

images

DatsyukianDeke*

I don't buy that Zetterberg picked his spot. Think he was just putting a shot on goal against a goalie that'd looked shaky all game.

You don't watch enough Zetterberg then, he uses that backhand a lot, he scored a few goals this year doing the exact same thing to Luongo, Kipper and Hiller.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Another Wings fan to come in and say great game and attest to Zetterberg's backhand.

He uses the backhand...A LOT. Scores a lot of goals on the backhand. He will use the backhand from the hashmarks. Was he aiming for Nuvy's head? Doubt it seriously. But his backhand is wicked and accurate.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Another Wings fan to come in and say great game and attest to Zetterberg's backhand.

He uses the backhand...A LOT. Scores a lot of goals on the backhand. He will use the backhand from the hashmarks. Was he aiming for Nuvy's head? Doubt it seriously. But his backhand is wicked and accurate.

IMO I thought it was one of those perfect shots. Though it think it is human nature to blame the goalie for the shortside goals.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
IMO I thought it was one of those perfect shots. Though it think it is human nature to blame the goalie for the shortside goals.

A shortsided goal that banked off his head. Shooting at a goalie's head is always a good move, though kind of a Richardish one, as it is very hard to stop.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
After all this posts from other teams in the last couple pages, I feel I have to post this song. Won't embed it, because most of you probably won't like it. :sarcasm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvE0WbBpoY

Excellent game last night, very fun to watch.

One quick question, Does OV play the entire pp every night ?

Dude logs a ton of ice time but doesn't seem to slow down...

I like your tv guys, maybe it was just because they were on vs but they seemed very fair and did an excellent job.

Ovie plays pretty close to almost all of the PP minutes we have, though it's been slightly different now that he's not on the point as much.

We love our TV guys (Joe B and Locker) as well. ;)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
takes a guy from detroit. to guys from pittsburgh, boston, tampa bay and so forth joe b and locker are horribly homers.

Vladiator16*

After all this posts from other teams in the last couple pages, I feel I have to post this song. Won't embed it, because most of you probably won't like it. :sarcasm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvE0WbBpoY

Ovie plays pretty close to almost all of the PP minutes we have, though it's been slightly different now that he's not on the point as much.

We love our TV guys (Joe B and Locker) as well. ;)

They are good, but not as good as the guy who announced Crosby as Steven, that is an instant classic, in my mind.
edit: and it totally sounded like he said "Pittsburgh Queens" too! From now on, this is the only way they will be called by me.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
You don't watch enough Zetterberg then, he uses that backhand a lot, he scored a few goals this year doing the exact same thing to Luongo, Kipper and Hiller.

You're correct, he doesn't. But in fairness, Wiz is but a novice as to hockey.

Indeed, Hank's backhand is one of the league's best, and that shot was one of his very best, and like yourself, I've seen him make many.

When you consider that the Caps were without Arnott, Green, & Backstom, anything less than a perfectly placed shot might have led to a different outcome.

I think the JLA crowd came away from that game with a bit of respect for our team. A Caps/Wings rematch might well be in the cards.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
You're correct, he doesn't. But in fairness, Wiz is but a novice as to hockey.

Indeed, Hank's backhand is one of the league's best, and that shot was one of his very best, and like yourself, I've seen him make many.

When you consider that the Caps were without Arnott, Green, & Backstom, anything less than a perfectly placed shot might have led to a different outcome.

I think the JLA crowd came away from that game with a bit of respect for our team. A Caps/Wings rematch might well be in the cards.

And you're a *********.

It was a soft goal. is goaltending 101 to cover the entire height of the gaol short side. Why Neuvirth made himself smaller on the near post, I have no idea.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

As was said before, if it doesn't hit Neuvirth's head, it doesn't deflect and go in. It flies right in front of the goal. I don't doubt he was throwing the puck to the top corner area, but he didn't pick a 2 inch x 6 inch opening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad