Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This is actually the very opposite of the perfect time. You would hope that the team would be more focused right before the start of the playoffs. Not less.

Its a terrible time for Kuzy/Sammy to make this mistake, but its the right time to punish them for it, as in letting them off the hook today just because its not convenient, would be a terrible precedent to set.

Same rules apply to everyone, all the time, or else none of the rules really matter.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Will Lavy hold OV and Nicky to the same standard if the time arises?

For breaking team rules? Is this your attempt to defense Kuzy? Backstrom has never been in trouble like that and Ov has overslept practice and been busted.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Absolutely. If I'm one of the vets on the team like Ovi, Nicky or Chara trying to win one more Cup to consolidate their legacy, I'd be steaming right now at this shit.

Remember they have done this with Oshie having to leave the team for a personal reason. Clearly Kuzy doesnt care what Chara thinks of him

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Remember they have done this with Oshie having to leave the team for a personal reason. Clearly Kuzy doesnt care what Chara thinks of him

That's unfortunate, but it's not the first incident. It just sucks to see that when you know what the guy is capable of after seeing what he did in the 2018 playoffs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its a terrible time for Kuzy/Sammy to make this mistake, but its the right time to punish them for it, as in letting them off the hook today just because its not convenient, would be a terrible precedent to set.

Same rules apply to everyone, all the time, or else none of the rules really matter.

Kuzy and Sammy getting busted on the COVID thing at the start of the season was the best time for a rules/professional conduct violation. This? Right before the playoffs is a distraction that creates losers. They could easily have lost their first round match up today.

A lot is riding on Vanecek again. If he stands up for the team and they can win, then it takes some sting out of this. If he doesnt, then its chaos in the last week of the regular.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
upload_2021-5-3_17-34-49.gif

when you see it’s going to be one of those GDTs

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
never know what kind of behavior you are going to get with 2 players and only 30 years with this team between the 2

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Of course. Just speaking from an overall perspective, not just a disciplinary one. It's a horrible look and reflection on the team and especially on certain players. And especially after the same two were disciplined earlier this year.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Kuzy and Sammy getting busted on the COVID thing at the start of the season was the best time for a rules/professional conduct violation. This? Right before the playoffs is a distraction that creates losers. They could easily have lost their first round match up today.

A lot is riding on Vanecek again. If he stands up for the team and they can win, then it takes some sting out of this. If he doesnt, then its chaos in the last week of the regular.

Thats a Melkor level hot take right there. No, they can not lose the first round matchup today. It takes at least four games for that and this isn't one of them.

Yes its a distraction, Kuzy and Sammy effed up and they can both go sit in the corner and think about it. My point wasn't this was a good time for a distraction... My point was this is the right time for Lavi to punish them for being a-holes, not later.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
For breaking team rules? Is this your attempt to defense Kuzy? Backstrom has never been in trouble like that and Ov has overslept practice and been busted.
I’m not defending Kuzy. This is a “gots to go” situation. I was just wondering if you and others on here think he would do the same to OV and Nicky if they screwed up. That’s it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Thats a Melkor level hot take right there. No, they can not lose the first round matchup today. It takes at least four games for that and this isn't one of them.

Yes its a distraction, Kuzy and Sammy effed up and they can both go sit in the corner and think about it. My point wasn't this was a good time for a distraction... My point was this is the right time for Lavi to punish them for being a-holes, not later.

Better to punish them now than in game 3. Sure. These are questions though that will hang over the team until Kuzy in particular proves to be a positive difference maker.

This isnt how champions behave.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad