GDT: Capitals@Leafs 7PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
people have issues with jake

people explain why they have issues with jake
the overwhelming response back has to do with his stats.
so the reason why people believe he's a great defense.
has something to do with his stats.

if you want to believe that's passive aggressive, alright
Sometimes a player (or players) have gone as far with the team as they can go and a different chemistry/look is required.

We gave up a 1st and a forward I really liked for Muzzin. I’d be moving Gardiner at the deadline and looking for a more D oriented RHD.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
No one on this team has the capability to create any energy to get the crowd going with a big hit. Only player who can do that is Kadri and of course, he's out.

Somehow Connor Brown and Hainsey are iron men

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
Shutout in 7 of 8 periods. Can you imagine Babcock coaching a less talented roster or Dubas trying to negotiate with players on an actual contender. It wouldn't be pretty.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
When was the last time you remember that the Leafs actually won a playoff series without home ice? Exactly, you don't because that happened a long long time ago. History is really against them if they start on the road.

The way they are playing right now, chances of winning home ice are not looking great. I'd rather drop down to the wild card spot. We play better against Tampa than we do against Boston and the Islanders are a team whose luck will run out sooner or later.

I don't think Boston is some great team but I don't trust Babcock against Boston. At least if he's playing Tampa and he sees them load up, he might think about doing the same in the playoffs.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Sometimes a player (or players) have gone as far with the team as they can go and a different chemistry/look is required.

We gave up a 1st and a forward I really liked for Muzzin. I’d be moving Gardiner at the deadline and looking for a more D oriented RHD.

that's what i said.
then it was countered (again) that something about Jakes stats makes him better defensively than Leafs Nation gives him credit for. (and that he's better defensively than Rielly)

so i dunno

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I don't think that one or two players would change a thing.....
This team looks like it needs a new voice behind the bench.
4 years in and there is no improvement even with an influx of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad