Rumor: Capitals interested in Trevor Lewis

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
This would be a great addition to Caps SC run. The intangibles Lewis brings as well as his experience would be perfect for the price. Have to imagine it’s a 3rd rounder?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This would be a great addition to Caps SC run. The intangibles Lewis brings as well as his experience would be perfect for the price. Have to imagine it’s a 3rd rounder?

Sounds about right. Given that it’s the Caps, it’ll likely be almost a fourth rounder at that point. A pick in the 85-105 range seems reasonable.

Treat him well please :(

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't see why the Caps want any of the players listed in this thread, including those they're linked to in those tweets.

Jesper Fast would be okay, I guess. But even he wouldn't get anything like his current situation in New York.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't see why the Caps want any of the players listed in this thread, including those they're linked to in those tweets.

Jesper Fast would be okay, I guess. But even he wouldn't get anything like his current situation in New York.

The Caps are looking for back up players in case of injury. If they went to the trouble and expense to get Fast, then it would be at the expense of Panik. 3LW with PK chops. Hagelin Eller and Fast would be hard to play against

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Obviously have heard the name Trevor Lewis, but I gotta admit that I had no idea what team he was on

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Caps are looking for back up players in case of injury. If they went to the trouble and expense to get Fast, then it would be at the expense of Panik. 3LW with PK chops. Hagelin Eller and Fast would be hard to play against
Your love affair with Hagelin is puzzling. He’s been better lately in terms of offensive production but I really don’t think the Capitals would have any problem bumping him to the 4th line. And before you say “but the 3rd line is a shutdown line” like your usual excuse, bumping Hagelin to the 4th line with Dowd and Hathaway creates another very defensively solid line. It also allows Eller, who has been the Caps best player for the past 10 or so games, to get better zone starts and allows the 3rd line to produce even more

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

I think you are not interested but that is not relevant.

The Caps might be.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
There’s got to be someone better to acquire than Trevor Lewis.

Yeah, he has been a shell of his former self this year. Honestly not sure he would be that effective in a full-time checking/defensive role. His offense is non-existent so that's not even a consideration.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yeah, he has been a shell of his former self this year. Honestly not sure he would be that effective in a full-time checking/defensive role. His offense is non-existent so that's not even a consideration.
Not a very good review. I’d be pissed if the Caps waste assets to acquire him when they have plenty of younger players chomping at the bit in Hershey

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He is a utility forward whose offense is completely dried up. You can throw him out there on the PK and playing fourth line minutes and he likely won't make any glaring mistakes, but don't expect to notice him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad