Capitals History Pt. 1 (former players & coaches, past seasons, etc.)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I always felt like it was GMGM trying to save his job after the Forsberg trade. He keep Tom Wilson and Connor Carrick up so he could say he hit on two draft picks.

I viewed it as more of Adam Oates being Adam Oates. Oates wanted his handedness preserved, damn it! They needed two RH centers (Fehr, Beagle) and two LH centers (Backstrom, Grabovski). They needed 4 RH wingers and 4 LH wingers. Perreault would have been a third LH center and opened up a gap in terms of RH wingers. Oates just couldn't let that happen!

Also, Wilson was good in the pre-season and Oates never seemed to like Perreault.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I viewed it as more of Adam Oates being Adam Oates. Oates wanted his handedness preserved, damn it! They needed two RH centers (Fehr, Beagle) and two LH centers (Backstrom, Grabovski). They needed 4 RH wingers and 4 LH wingers. Perreault would have been a third LH center and opened up a gap in terms of RH wingers. Oates just couldn't let that happen!

Also, Wilson was good in the pre-season and Oates never seemed to like Perreault.

I can just imagine if GMGM filled the team with RH wingers.
Oates would approach Ovi saying: "Hey Ovi, since you're the most talented of the bunch and we desperately need LH wingers, why don't you learn how to shoot with your left hand? You could even play on the LW as per your request! "

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Reviving this thread. Hoping that all the talk about past players and coaches goes here and not in GDTs.

Please try not to debate about past players and coaches in GDTs, it makes it tough for us to moderate and watch the game at the same time.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Reviving this thread. Hoping that all the talk about past players and coaches goes here and not in GDTs.

Please try not to debate about past players and coaches in GDTs, it makes it tough for us to moderate and watch the game at the same time.

I love it!

Can I post that gonchar was a bum?

Wilson was a coattail riding arrogant jerk? I’m working with what I have...

Gartner couldn’t hold Dino’s you know what, in the playoffs, even if his MN neighbors could?

Hunter was the glue, Sakic be damned?

Kaminski should have knocked Daneyko’s last tooth out?

Schoney couldn’t control himself putting berube, chico, hunter, kaminski on the ice?

Killer Tinner is a HOF intarwebz persona?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I love it!

Can I post that gonchar was a bum?

Wilson was a coattail riding arrogant jerk? I’m working with what I have...

Gartner couldn’t hold Dino’s you know what, in the playoffs, even if his MN neighbors could?

Hunter was the glue, Sakic be damned?

Kaminski should have knocked Daneyko’s last tooth out?

Schoney couldn’t control himself putting berube, chico, hunter, kaminski on the ice?

Killer Tinner is a HOF intarwebz persona?

Yup, all of that is cool!

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Gonchar was awesome, I actually made my account to post about the Gonchar trade.

I’m looking at the Calle Johansson trade and it looks completely insane, Calle was the 14th pick and the Caps got him at age 21 and a 2nd (Defoe) for Ledyard, Malarchuk, and a 6th, whoa, keep clicking and they got Grant Ledyard for Laughlin, and LA had gotten Ledyard in a deal with NYR for GMBM, so that’s how Maclellan, Laughlin, and Calle are connected in trades

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad