Confirmed with Link: Capitals hire Kevin McCarthy to coach defense. Rest of coaching staff stays

Discussion in 'Washington Capitals' started by hockeykicker, Oct 21, 2020.

1. txpd Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Photographer
    IMO salary cap would be the only reason they would trade him. They can choose TVR at 800k and save almost 2m to the cap that they can spend on a forward. Or it might be they just need to get under the cap. I am not close enough to those numbers to know. Some here think the Caps NEED a forward while others expect McMichael on the team and others yet say both are needed. My view is that Sprong Kovalchuk's roster spot and Sprong and Panik will battle for the 3rw spot. The first back up forward will be a call up.

Are the Caps over the salary cap now? If they are 7 figures over with LTIR already accounted for, then somebody is going. Makes sense it would be Jensen.

Lastly, I dont get the LaDue thing. He is a 28 year old AHL player with 69 nhl games in his career. Fehervary played more NHL games than LaDue did last season.

2. Kalopsia Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    If they run this roster they'll have 25K in cap room.

Ovie-Kuz-Wilson
    Vrana-Backstrom-Oshie
    Panik-Eller-Sprong
    Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Dillon-Carlson
    Orlov-Schultz
    Siegs-Jensen

Samsonov
    Lundqvist

Scratches: Pinho, TVR
    LTIR: Kempny

IMO, the Caps are done making additions this offseason and the only question left is which one of the forwards in Hershey making <750K gets the 13F spot (probably one of Pinho and Malenstyn).

searle likes this.
  3. francaisvolantsparis Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
  4. txpd Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Photographer
    Hagelin....LOL. SMH. In recent years MacLellan has discovered that he can keep his spare players were possible off the roster. I would be stunned to find 3 spare players taking up cap space. Pinho and LaDue will clear waivers and can wait for a callup in Hershey

5. Capagonia Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    This is what Tarik had to say about LaDue in a recent piece on the Athletic

“It should, however, be noted that the 28-year-old is listed on the team’s website as being a member of the Caps, had an introductory press conference and the club announced his jersey number assignment (No. 36) on social media — things that are reserved for full-timers. What we do know for sure is this: they’ve watched him, they like what he could potentially add to a Laviolette-coached team and, when he became available, they jumped at the opportunity to sign him for $700,000, the lowest cap hit among their blueliners. Where things shake out, however, remains to be seen.”

6. txpd Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Photographer
    Well, it doesnt look like Fehervary has much of a road ahead. I wonder why that happened? Meanwhile, if Fehervary is not playing in the NHL this season, AA has almost no chance of getting a game.

I suppose this could mean that with the COVID situation being what it is that team doesnt want a player bouncing back and forth between ahl and nhl teams. That would mean they like LaDue in a Taylor Chorney manner for handling scratches while the prospect plays.

7. Ridley Simon Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Finance
    I honestly think they are done for now. I could see a vet F signed for 750k to keep Pinho or Malenstyn in Hershey.

that would be in form.

then see where they are as camp gets going. If they need to make a deal, they can work Jensen out later. As injuries and team needs start to dot the landscape.