Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Flyers 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I tried to bait the main boards into a pissing match earlier in the season by making a thread asking if Tom Wilson was playing at an all star level. It didn't get much traction. I think neutral fanbases have grudgingly accepted that Wilson is at least a top-6 player now and is capable of playing good hockey, which makes things a lot less fun.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You will find less and less blind hockey fans nowadays.

With the level of play Ovi demonstrates at this age and the amount of goals he scores - he just doesnt need to actually beat the record anymore.

In 2 years or so he's #2 and if he retires early that will not change a thing for most of the world.

He's there at the top.

PS: No Skill Willy did a thing. Epic pass.

stop....#1 matters. Let’s keep enjoying the chase instead of mentally planning for him to fail.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I tried to bait the main boards into a pissing match earlier in the season by making a thread asking if Tom Wilson was playing at an all star level. It didn't get much traction. I think neutral fanbases have grudgingly accepted that Wilson is at least a top-6 player now and is capable of playing good hockey, which makes things a lot less fun.

In leu of that we have Carlson for the mains to roll their eyes at. Ov is now 3rd in goals. They are so tired of those guys

Reactions: Calicaps

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
How many Stanley Cups would we have won if we had successfully traded for Chara in his prime in the late 2000's?

Probably not as much as you think. GMGM never really addressed the D issue or the 2C issue. Kuzy finally worked out but it was BM that got the D fixed and brought in Ellar. Chara would have made us a lot better but I don't think Cup good.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Probably not as much as you think. GMGM never really addressed the D issue or the 2C issue. Kuzy finally worked out but it was BM that got the D fixed and brought in Ellar. Chara would have made us a lot better but I don't think Cup good.

That's a fair point. According to the other fans on this site though, the Caps underachieved and should've won at least 3 or 4 championships with the core they had for years with Ovi in his prime.

I still wish we had a Chara like defenseman in the past. We've always had high end offensive D but never high end defensive D like him.

Also Sheary is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad