Confirmed with Link: Capitals extend Lars Eller (5y/$3.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think Stephenson has looked better on the wing than his short stints at center. Maybe he’ll eventually be a center but I agree I’d rather just get a cheap 4C replacement in free agency. Those guys should be a dime a dozen and Stephenson hasn’t looked out of place on the third line.

Only our primary faceoff Guy is our 4C. That’s not going to be easy to get for a dime a dozen.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
If Beagle was indeed dinged for a long period and can play better - they can maybe sign him again. Like for cheap and not more than 2 years for example.

Stephenson goes to Swiss army 3LW with purely offensive guy on the other wing (think Bura or Connolly).

And the strategy of getting dirt cheap guys for 4th line wings is good too. Whoever they like more.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Habs fan here. I'm more than happy for you guys to have a healthy ''in fire'' Lars Eller by your side. In French, his first name + last name sounded like ''L'harceleur'' = ''The Harasser'' which is a relevant description of his playstyle. His positioning is top notch in these playoff and he's winning battles along the board. I was always a big fan of him during his years with the Habs and I saw him as the legitimate replacement for our aging Tomas Plekanec. (Unfortunately for him, he was never placed on any PP lines or rarely and wasn't offered any great situations to shine offensively.) His best moments were during the EGG line days Eller - Galchenyuk - Gallagher which later was disolved for no good reasons.

He had a great playoff year in 13-14 when he basically resurected a certain Rene Bourque (whom later was resign for the habs for a 1 year contract) from a very long lethargy.

Finally, he will always be the result of the Price vs Halak endless battle back in 2010. We got him + a 3rd round pick Ian Schultz in exchange of Halak and I really wanted both players to pan out lolz.

Anyway, I wish you a great run guys. You're fun to watch and your goalie is a wall.

PS: I wanted Eller to be bumped to the top of threads where he surely belongs at least for now.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Habs fan here. I'm more than happy for you guys to have a healthy ''in fire'' Lars Eller by your side. In French, his first name + last name sounded like ''L'harceleur'' = ''The Harasser'' which is a relevant description of his playstyle. His positioning is top notch in these playoff and he's winning battles along the board. I was always a big fan of him during his years with the Habs and I saw him as the legitimate replacement for our aging Tomas Plekanec. (Unfortunately for him, he was never placed on any PP lines or rarely and wasn't offered any great situations to shine offensively.) His best moments were during the EGG line days Eller - Galchenyuk - Gallagher which later was disolved for no good reasons.

He had a great playoff year in 13-14 when he basically resurected a certain Rene Bourque (whom later was resign for the habs for a 1 year contract) from a very long lethargy.

Finally, he will always be the result of the Price vs Halak endless battle back in 2010. We got him + a 3rd round pick Ian Schultz in exchange of Halak and I really wanted both players to pan out lolz.

Anyway, I wish you a great run guys. You're fun to watch and your goalie is a wall.

PS: I wanted Eller to be bumped to the top of threads where he surely belongs at least for now.

Thanks. My great grandmother was Danish so I’m doubly proud of the Great Dane. :)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Copenhagen was a favorite vacation spot for many years. Eller has been awesome. My only complaint is that he gets overly tenacious in his checking duties and will take the odd hook but whatever. He led our team in hits last game with 6. OK maybe they were Brouwerish hits but he led nonetheless, which says something when he is competing with Ovi Orpik and Willy Oow to get my attention.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Should have moved on from him, he's a good possession player but you can't have your 3C be a certified offensive black hole for half a season and expect to come out on top against 3Cs who put up .5 PPG or more in the playoffs like Bonino or Pageau or Point/Johnson. Caps bottom 6 can't buy a goal in the postseason and his lack of offensive skill and hockey IQ is a big part of it since he's occupying the juiciest offensive bottom 6 slot.

Contract is solid and movable though
6 goals, 17 points in 21 playoff games...
Time to eat crow?
:popcorn:

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
congrats Lars so proud of how you played suck it Bergevin

I actually predicted he would get the GWG in the gameday thread after DSP tied it - I've been predicting Eller GWG's for like 4 years now what a payoff!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
What a playoff run. Stept up when it counted and slotted in perfectly in top 6 role when needed. We finally have 3 top 6 centers. That is what really payed off.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
My post on May 31 was probably my greatest post in 2018. Describing a player 1 week before he scores the GWG during a Stanley Cup final game is something. I think that a week ago Eller was on your 3rd page lolz. Gratz Ovechkin and all Caps fans. It was a hell of a run!

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
What a playoff run. Stept up when it counted and slotted in perfectly in top 6 role when needed. We finally have 3 top 6 centers. That is what really payed off.

Yeah. For years all the Caps had was Backstrom and a revolving door of reclamation projects, washed up vets or other unspectacular players. Ribs, BMo, et all.

*Ugh*

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Eller stepping up as needed was huge. Injuries struck as at a position of depth. BMac had us strong down the middle and it paid dividends. He is a barrel chested beast on the puck, and is no fun to play against.

gZFKynx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->