Holtby

Defense:

tenor.gif

LGD

77HrEWa.gif

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Would like to see a strong game from Jack today, but I imagine that’ll be tough considering who he will be facing

The rest of this season is basically just Jack-watch for me. Id like to see him go out on a positive note

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
hughes came in very light this season .. its apparant he has some high end skill and his speed is unquestionable. his shot is much better than i thought also. he needs to figure out the NHL game a litte better. protecting the puck a little more . not make careless passes as often. all things 18 year olds may do. his style of play may need to change a bit also if he is to play center in this league. his habits on defensive side of puck need to be broken. I think some of those habits will improve when he puts 15 pounds on over next year or two. I think some of his bad habits are more self preservation efforts. Hughes is the reason I don't want the devils trading simmonds for a 5th or 6th round pick... he is worth more to the devils protecting hughes and hischier than he is to get a crappy draft pick back.. Simmonds is not good anymore.. but he has a value. if he would resign for 1-2 million next year as a 13th forward or 4th liner i may consider it if i was nj

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
hughes came in very light this season .. its apparant he has some high end skill and his speed is unquestionable. his shot is much better than i thought also. he needs to figure out the NHL game a litte better. protecting the puck a little more . not make careless passes as often. all things 18 year olds may do. his style of play may need to change a bit also if he is to play center in this league. his habits on defensive side of puck need to be broken. I think some of those habits will improve when he puts 15 pounds on over next year or two. I think some of his bad habits are more self preservation efforts. Hughes is the reason I don't want the devils trading simmonds for a 5th or 6th round pick... he is worth more to the devils protecting hughes and hischier than he is to get a crappy draft pick back.. Simmonds is not good anymore.. but he has a value. if he would resign for 1-2 million next year as a 13th forward or 4th liner i may consider it if i was nj
One thing I will say involving Jack and future prospects we bring in - I do not want to be starching creativity by throwing the sink at Jack every time he makes a risky pass or play.

There is a difference between harmful misplays that need to be corrected and misplays that were great looks but didn’t quite work for whatever reason

Wayne Gretzky said it best a few years ago that the creativity of players was being taken away in the youth leagues up until recently

Reactions: vtdevils2k

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The only real suspense for this game is if anyone else gets 'precautionary' scratched. And will they manage to trade Palm ninety minutes before the game, since that's when they seem to make most of their big moves these days.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The only real suspense for this game is if anyone else gets 'precautionary' scratched. And will they manage to trade Palm ninety minutes before the game, since that's when they seem to make most of their big moves these days.
We'll play this one with 10 players because it's too late to call anyone else up.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Trading Palmieri today would be the icing on the cake. Think about the awkward conversations that would take place tonight at his Military Ball.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not attending, sold this game awhile ago cause I hate going to 1pm games. Don't care about Ovi's 700th or any of our guys potential last games.

Shut em out Mac!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Good call on Mac. As I mentioned in another thread, Devil's brass does NOT want Cory/Louis starting home games. At least the paying fans can watch entertaining hockey.

Reactions: Bleedred

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Good call on Mac. As I mentioned in another thread, Devil's brass does NOT want Cory/Louis starting home games. At least the paying fans can watch entertaining hockey.

Louie did play that home game vs Florida last week though but he was met with sarcastic cheers and we want Blackwood chants after being horrendous lol

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Louie did play that home game vs Florida last week though but he was met with sarcastic cheers and we want Blackwood chants after being horrendous lol

The difference is it was also sandwiched between Mac home games. The following Devils game is on the road.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Which I agree with tbh...that said, if they were really interested in rehabilitating Cory or giving a further look to Domingue the games wouldn't be structured that way. If it was Gilles Senn or another young guy up I wouldn't want to use them as the sacrificial lamb goalie.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Which I agree with tbh...that said, if they were really interested in rehabilitating Cory or giving a further look to Domingue the games wouldn't be structured that way. If it was Gilles Senn or another young guy up I wouldn't want to use them as the sacrificial lamb goalie.

I think it's pretty clear that both goalies won't be here next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad