OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm not up current on the books but the fact that s6 will be the last of the expanse kills me from the scifi side of things.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just received an email from SlingTv stating they are removing NBC Regional Sports Channels starting April 1st. Stated they couldn’t come to a price point that made sense for their subscribers without it inflating their cost per month (typical). With that said, I’m definitely dumping Sling now. The wife and I rarely watch TV on it anymore and I was only really keeping it around to watch the Caps.

Which leads me to my next question. Does anyone know if Peacock or the NBC Sports app allows you to watch regional sporting events? I’ve tried researching but both of their websites don’t have a definitive answer.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Just received an email from SlingTv stating they are removing NBC Regional Sports Channels starting April 1st. Stated they couldn’t come to a price point that made sense for their subscribers without it inflating their cost per month (typical). With that said, I’m definitely dumping Sling now. The wife and I rarely watch TV on it anymore and I was only really keeping it around to watch the Caps.

Which leads me to my next question. Does anyone know if Peacock or the NBC Sports app allows you to watch regional sporting events? I’ve tried researching but both of their websites don’t have a definitive answer.
I can watch the Caps game on the NBC Sports app. Never had to try it in Peacock. I’m local though so I don’t know if that makes a difference.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I can watch the Caps game on the NBC Sports app. Never had to try it in Peacock. I’m local though so I don’t know if that makes a difference.
I gave it a try and you have to sign in using another subscription. The best part about having Sling was the price point was super low ($25-$30 per month) compared to other streaming options that were similar (Hulu, YouTube, etc.). Guess I’ll have to do some more research

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Tenet, too much time travel for my liking. It lost me and I usually like sci fi movies. Idk about this one

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Watching the first season of True Detective for the first time and I’m about halfway through. Does it pick up? Don’t get me wrong, it’s enjoyable and I like the writing and the characters but so far I’m definitely not getting “the best single season of TV of all time” vibes that I’ve always heard a lot about.

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Watching the first season of True Detective for the first time and I’m about halfway through. Does it pick up? Don’t get me wrong, it’s enjoyable and I like the writing and the characters but so far I’m definitely not getting “the best single season of TV of all time” vibes that I’ve always heard a lot about.
I thought season one was pretty good but it didn’t blow me away, season 3 I thought was the best with Mahershala Ali. That was a great season

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

I thought season one was pretty good but it didn’t blow me away, season 3 I thought was the best with Mahershala Ali. That was a great season

I really enjoyed it, and I think it's the halfway point where it really picked up for me, but it's not a high event show if that is what you are looking for. Very slow burn where it's about the interactions more than anything else. And it's only 8 episodes. I do think right about where they infiltrate the biker gang is where things started to pick up though.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I thought it was well done, but by no means among the best of all time. It did have my girl Alexandra Daddario which gave it a special boost lol....

Woody is solid as always and I thought McConaughey was so quirkily perfect. His character had me wondering things the whole season....

I haven’t watched season 2 or 3 yet.

I think in the similar/ just as good territory.....Fargo seasons 1-3.....have not watched 4 yet.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Pacing is going to be the same. Fairly unique situ with S1 they only had one director for the entire season was. I really liked S1 but that was one episode a week so not sure what it would be like seeing it for the first time and all eps available. Not a fan of S2 and have not got around to see S3.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So after last night's disaster, I said f*** it, I'm not gonna wait for my friends any longer and just start The Expanse season 5 myself.

Oh and am I ever glad I did. I'm almost glad that we got blown out last night :laugh:

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Noooooo. It was bad? This is terrible news (even tho I didn’t expect it to be good lol)
I stopped halfway through. It’s the same premise as the first one accept it takes place in Zamunda. It’s not funny the 2nd time around, IMO.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
To anyone who does "family movie nights"

'Zathura" - was good fun family action movie. Touches on siblings not getting along, fast paced, lots of names and faces you know. Directed by Jon Favereau

"Yes Day" - good movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->