OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The Expanse season 5 is good. What a great show.

My wife and I are about halfway through season 2 and at our roughly one episode a week pace it is going to take us a while to get caught up. Great show though.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Is the season finished now? Still waiting on others to coordinate a day so we could all binge one lazy day.
Yes they are all released. I just finished episode 5.

My wife and I are about halfway through season 2 and at our roughly one episode a week pace it is going to take us a while to get caught up. Great show though.

It gets better. Enjoy.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The Expanse season 5 is good. What a great show.

Might be the best seasons of them all. Was painful waiting a week between shows so those that held off to binge enjoy.
e8-drinking.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wait for them all....I refuse to bend to their schedule! Lol...
Watching shows “live” is awful. Only one we do it with is This Is Us. Everything else I wait until I can watch all of it because I have zero patience. I’m not watching Season 5 of Billions since Covid cut it in half and they only finished seven episodes — I’ll fire it back up when they can finish the other five.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Watching shows “live” is awful. Only one we do it with is This Is Us. Everything else I wait until I can watch all of it because I have zero patience. I’m not watching Season 5 of Billions since Covid cut it in half and they only finished seven episodes — I’ll fire it back up when they can finish the other five.
I didn’t start watching GoT until the final season was announced. I was able to binge all the seasons and be caught up when the new season started. Then waiting for new episodes of the final season was agony. Since I wait and do my best to avoid spoilers. Worked great with this season of The Mandalorian.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Looks like season 6 (Expanse) should be the final season unfortunately though I haven't paid attention to the book series after the first few.

I've read a literal crap ton of military sci-fi book series and several would make some great series. Though Pierce Brown's Red Rising is in dev for a series that would be cool.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Haven't gotten around to season 5 of The Expanse yet. Seasons 3 and 4 were already somewhat disappointing, so hopefully 5 is a turn aroudn.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I didn’t start watching GoT until the final season was announced. I was able to binge all the seasons and be caught up when the new season started. Then waiting for new episodes of the final season was agony. Since I wait and do my best to avoid spoilers. Worked great with this season of The Mandalorian.

If you think waiting a week for a new episode is bad, consider yourself lucky you waiting on GoT. Towards S6,7,8 they made people wait like 20 months between seasons... it was brutal.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If you think waiting a week for a new episode is bad, consider yourself lucky you waiting on GoT. Towards S6,7,8 they made people wait like 20 months between seasons... it was brutal.
Yeah this is tough. I think we’re following five or six series that all won’t be back for a while... Bridgerton, Virgin River, Dead to Me, Billions, Stranger Things, Space Force.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
LOL The Stranger Things kids are going to be all grown up by they time they start shooting the next season
I loved that show, but I think it's time for it to end. They're really stretching our ability to believe the rest of the town hasn't noticed this shit yet, and some of the relationships they're putting the characters in are pretty toxic and are being played off as positive.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Zero zero zero on Amazon. Amazing show, it’s definitely R rated but I recommend to all. One of if not the best cartel/drug shows I’ve seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad