GDT: Capitals @ Bruins | 9.24.14 7 PM

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Orpik's interference was a joke. Liked his movement a lot more than the last time I saw the guy playing.

Erskine's boarding was a joke as well, but expected under the today's standards. Wtf was it with him trying to step up on the breakout forwards?

Green has only himself to blame for that penalty. His dangle worked once in teh 2nd I guess (when he sent that pass to Burakovsky), and he thought it works all the time. Typical Green: tries to beat the forward flatfooted, gives him a breakaway. I guess I'm too harsh on him again, and it's not the millionth time he does the same mistake?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Didn't see what exactly happened with Orpik, but the call on Erskine usually gets made in the league nowadays, and the call on Green was pretty clear, IMO.

He lifted Marchands stick repeatedly slowing him down, Marchand lost the puck and Green got body position on him.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Orpik's interference was a joke. Liked his movement a lot more than the last time I saw the guy playing.

Erskine's boarding was a joke as well, but expected under the today's standards. Wtf was it with him trying to step up on the breakout forwards?

Green has only himself to blame for that penalty. His dangle worked once in teh 2nd I guess (when he sent that pass to Burakovsky), and he thought it works all the time. Typical Green: tries to beat the forward flatfooted, gives him a breakaway. I guess I'm too harsh on him again, and it's not the millionth time he does the same mistake?

There is no such thing as to harsh when you see the same thing over and over.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's preseason. The games don't count and everyone knows it. The teams and refs are probably OK with some bad calls because coaches want to see how PP and PK players and concepts work. Not a big deal. There will be plenty of horrible calls that count to worry about later.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I saw the faceoff stats for Bura didn't look very good and Kuznetsov's were the best out of all three of the 2C contenders. My guess is that Kuz takes the 2C position and Bura starts in Hershey

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
How did Orpik look overall?

I heard a couple good things on here which is encouraging.

moosii

Sep 24, 2014
How did Orpik look overall?

I heard a couple good things on here which is encouraging.

Well going by what Pens fans had said about him, I was anticipating a worse version of last seasons Erskine. Thought he looked OK for what it's worth, and he had a better first pass than I was expecting.

Never listen to Pens fans I guess.

BTW, hello everyone

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Well going by what Pens fans had said about him, I was anticipating a worse version of last seasons Erskine. Thought he looked OK for what it's worth, and he had a better first pass than I was expecting.

BTW, hello everyone

His first pass was better than anyone on the ice yesterday. He has a nice and accurate first pass, something that we were in need of last year. His speed was also better than expected. Welcome to HF btw!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
fans of all teams have their whipping boys. the pens hate orpik like caps fans hate green and laich and brouwer and Johansson.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

BTW, hello everyone

Good to hear.

I agree that all teams have scapegoats and Orpik was one of them for Pens fans. I'm sure they will have their sights set on Letang now that him and Glass are gone.

I don't know if he had his best games against us or not but last couple years he was a beast to play against and was a primary factor in the Pens winning all those games against us.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
we do have to look forward to watching Orpik beat Semin's brains in now with Orpik for us and Semin for them

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Orpik will have to wait in line behind Brouwer. I don't think there are two players in the league who hate him anymore than these two. Just a guess.

Meanwhile Semin is still Ovechkin's best friend.

That whole dynamic is kinda uncomfortable. Orlov was also hanging out with Semin this past offseason so they seem to be friends as well.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
There was a group shot of Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov, Galiev, and Semin as well. I have no issue with it. Then again, I'd have no issue with Semin somehow coming back to Washington.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
There was a group shot of Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov, Galiev, and Semin as well. I have no issue with it. Then again, I'd have no issue with Semin somehow coming back to Washington.

I still remember sometime during the 2010-11 season we lost badly vs the Thrashers and after the game Ovie and Semin were laughing it up with Kovalchuk and Bruce getting steamed.

In hockey you aren't supposed to do that.

Its funny b/c in the NFL and NBA its all smiles and jokes after a game with the players. In fact in those sports they even help each other up during the game.

I'm still not sure I understand the reasons as to why the culture is so different. When all else fails blame Canada

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I still remember sometime during the 2010-11 season we lost badly vs the Thrashers and after the game Ovie and Semin were laughing it up with Kovalchuk and Bruce getting steamed.

In hockey you aren't supposed to do that.

Its funny b/c in the NFL and NBA its all smiles and jokes after a game with the players. In fact in those sports they even help each other up during the game.

I'm still not sure I understand the reasons as to why the culture is so different. When all else fails blame Canada

I remember that too, but it was after Kovi joined the Devils, iirc. I think what made it a story was that the laughter could be clealry heard during the press conference. Also the Capitals lost, so people wants Ovechkin to be all huff-n-puff and angry and ****.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I remember that too, but it was after Kovi joined the Devils, iirc. I think what made it a story was that the laughter could be clealry heard during the press conference. Also the Capitals lost, so people wants Ovechkin to be all huff-n-puff and angry and ****.

Yes. He was with Devils then wasn't he? Either way we got our butts kicked.

It just seems in hockey you have to hate the other team at all costs and only shake hands after a playoff series. And even then it is a brief gesture or word.

I still don't get it tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad