GDT: Capitals @ Bruins 1pm 9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
There are a couple other teams who have quality #3 goalies that will have to pass through waivers. If Copley falters before the end of the pre-season, they can put in a claim on someone like Pickard, Sparks, or Hammond.

Granted, if Copley plays like he did today, it won't be a concern.

Bit of a logjam in Hershey if that does happen - would think this is Copley's s***or get off the pot year, I'd want to see vanecek and samsanov battle in Hershey no matter what this year

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Are strong preseason performances by goaltenders, especially early ones, actually a useful test? Copley and Vanacek were facing a lot of prospects last night, so it’s only one step up from an AHL game surely?

Though the later games where teams have narrowed their rosters to roster-worthy guys is better, it’s still not like Copley is going to be facing stars who are playing their hearts out

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Yeah, they literally just worked out his visa issues today. He hasn't been at camp at all so far. So there is probably sometime needed to get fit and familiar. I also would wager when we do see him he will be on a heavily Russian roster, I don't think he speaks english, so I think how they're planning on giving the Russkie vets reps factors into the whole situation as well.

He practiced with them yesterday and played in the scrimmage. I bet he plays tomorrow.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Back in the spring when the Bears season was over I had the pleasure of going on a bus trip for work. Just so happened to work out that the Bears primary bus driver was our bus driver for the day. Ended up having a great hour or so chat with him about the Bears and some inside stories that he told me that ended up being true (Bourque, Sill and Garrett not coming back being the main one).

The bus driver told me that Vitek has very broken english but he's a great kid and a funny one at that. Said Vitek went up to him and said something along the lines of, "Bye. I won't see you next year." To which the bus driver asked him why and Vitek said he's making the Caps :laugh:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Back in the spring when the Bears season was over I had the pleasure of going on a bus trip for work. Just so happened to work out that the Bears primary bus driver was our bus driver for the day. Ended up having a great hour or so chat with him about the Bears and some inside stories that he told me that ended up being true (Bourque, Sill and Garrett not coming back being the main one).

The bus driver told me that Vitek has very broken english but he's a great kid and a funny one at that. Said Vitek went up to him and said something along the lines of, "Bye. I won't see you next year." To which the bus driver asked him why and Vitek said he's making the Caps :laugh:
JoeB and Locker mentioned yesterday that Vanacek had no Hershey stuff on his mask—just Caps—and they liked the confidence.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Crazy how we all see different stuff. I thought he and Djoos were the two best D out there. Carried the puck like a pro, showed a lot of poise and wasn't afraid to make a mistake by being aggressive.

I didn't mention it in the thread because I knew I would botch the spelling of his name and was too lazy to look it up.

p.s. I do tend to be more positive about players than most though so I could be completely wrong.
Djoos blew coverage and caused a break. He just needed to stay in his lane and he chased a player already being attacked by another Caps defender. I don't dislike either player for any reason. Just saw some glaring weaknesses.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Djoos blew coverage and caused a break. He just needed to stay in his lane and he chased a player already being attacked by another Caps defender. I don't dislike either player for any reason. Just saw some glaring weaknesses.

But he also carried the puck a lot and created a ton of offense.

Reactions: SBraun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->