GDT: Capitals @ Bruins 1pm 9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Uh, did you see Jayson Megna blow by him like he was a pylon earlier in the game?

He may play a few more seasons but he is probably the slowest defensemen in the league, or at least tied with Brooks Orpik and Karl Alzner.
Yeah, speed is not there, but he's still huge pylon and it's hard to pass him.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
How they are playing? Good? Not good?
upload_2018-9-16_14-50-32.png

Reactions: ovikovy817

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Djoos is certainly feeling it, jumping into the play at every opportunity.

I wonder how much of it is feeling the need to be "the man" or feeling confidence because he's one of the few actual roster guys playing.

The dynamic changes a lot when you're surrounded by fringe roster players and you were just on a Cup winning team. We'll see if he holds to this style once the big boys are back.

Reactions: philip

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I wonder how much of it is feeling the need to be "the man" or feeling confidence because he's one of the few actual roster guys playing.

The dynamic changes a lot when you're surrounded by fringe roster players and you were just on a Cup winning team. We'll see if he holds to this style once the big boys are back.

I would think who his D partner is has a lot to do with this as well.

Reactions: SBraun

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
So I've been watching the Skins game, how has Alexyev looked? Reports from training camp had him as one of the slowest guys at camp.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Vrana, Burakovsky and Connolly not good on this 5-on-3.
It's also not good for them if they want to play on PP in the regular season

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Vrana, Burakovsky and Connolly not good on this 5-on-3.
It's also not good for them if they want to play on PP in the regular season
Meh, wouldn't read too much into it. PP is 90% chemistry, you need to know what the other guys are thinking out there. It's obviously difficult if all of the PP has likely never played PP with each other.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
So on the post game they were raving about Feheravey...I thought he looked bad. Turned the puck over in his own zone horribly at least twice I can recall but I feel like it was more than that.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
So on the post game they were raving about Feheravey...I thought he looked bad. Turned the puck over in his own zone horribly at least twice I can recall but I feel like it was more than that.

Crazy how we all see different stuff. I thought he and Djoos were the two best D out there. Carried the puck like a pro, showed a lot of poise and wasn't afraid to make a mistake by being aggressive.

I didn't mention it in the thread because I knew I would botch the spelling of his name and was too lazy to look it up.

p.s. I do tend to be more positive about players than most though so I could be completely wrong.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Too soon?

Yeah, they literally just worked out his visa issues today. He hasn't been at camp at all so far. So there is probably sometime needed to get fit and familiar. I also would wager when we do see him he will be on a heavily Russian roster, I don't think he speaks english, so I think how they're planning on giving the Russkie vets reps factors into the whole situation as well.

Reactions: shtorm2005

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Copley basically playing for a roster spot at this point. If he looks serviceable he's the #2, if he shits the bed I think they'd get a vet at min

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Copley basically playing for a roster spot at this point. If he looks serviceable he's the #2, if he ****s the bed I think they'd get a vet at min
There are a couple other teams who have quality #3 goalies that will have to pass through waivers. If Copley falters before the end of the pre-season, they can put in a claim on someone like Pickard, Sparks, or Hammond.

Granted, if Copley plays like he did today, it won't be a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad