GDT: Capitals at Blackhawks Oct 1, 2013 8:00 PM ET

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
No one picked LA? That's just plane hogwash. Lots of people thought they were the trendy pick, and they dommated the playoffs in ways the league hasn't seen in years.

You ere saying about hindsight, and your 20/20 vision?

And when you are off your soapbox, perhaps you can talk about your newfound affection for Grabovski? He was the hockey anti-Christ to you, a few short months ago? You seem to like dodging that nugget.

Look, the Caps D sucks. It's obvious to anyone that's is not wearing homer glasses. The offense is terrific, homer glasses or not. The goaltending had a bad night, and that's shouldn't be expected to continue.

But the defense's bad night was a continuation of the last few years. Now we are being sold a teenager (Carrick), and couple of journeymen (Hillen and Olesky), and a fading warrior (Erskine) as being our ticket to a deep playoff run.

All the while, we have 18% of our Caps cap tied up in 3 players that we really do not need (Erat, Laich, and Neuvirth). We could use one of Laich/Erat, but not both. With our defense, Neuvirth is a waste of money too, as he is not the type of goalie to steal wins.

Yes all of this is ok with you, as you are entertained, right?

So you are saying a bunch of people picked LA as the #8 seed to come out of the west?? I don't recall any but if you can then name them. It was pretty shocking and not many 8 seeds win cups no matter how hot they are going into the playoffs.

RE: Grabovski - I think I have made several post praising his game and after the signing you can look at my post and there was no anger in it whatsover. I warmed up to it after a while and he has looked good. Unlike you I am not afraid to admit errors in judgment I make.

How was the Hawks D? Was it airtight? I bet they will tell you their D sucked. There is an opposing team out there trying to make your D look bad. The difference in the game was 1 or 2 bad goals let in by our goalie.

Laich and Erat are proven NHL performers and competitors. Neuvirth has won at every level he has played at and won a playoff series for us by playing outstanding. There are teams where he'd be the #1. He's not some scrub.

But I agree with WetHog...draw your conclusions after 10 games or so. You won't seem quite as emotional and biased.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So you are saying a bunch of people picked LA as the #8 seed to come out of the west?? I don't recall any but if you can then name them. It was pretty shocking and not many 8 seeds win cups no matter how hot they are going into the playoffs.

RE: Grabovski - I think I have made several post praising his game and after the signing you can look at my post and there was no anger in it whatsover. I warmed up to it after a while and he has looked good. Unlike you I am not afraid to admit errors in judgment I make.

How was the Hawks D? Was it airtight? I bet they will tell you their D sucked. There is an opposing team out there trying to make your D look bad. The difference in the game was 1 or 2 bad goals let in by our goalie.

Laich and Erat are proven NHL performers and competitors. Neuvirth has won at every level he has played at and won a playoff series for us by playing outstanding. There are teams where he'd be the #1. He's not some scrub.

But I agree with WetHog...draw your conclusions after 10 games or so. You won't seem quite as emotional and biased.

Lol, I'm not emotional over the Caps. I get emotional over my 6 mo old baby girl, or over my amazing wife. Not over the Caps. I get pissed off, but that's constant. Other than that's, I'm very pragmatic over this team, and they are what's they are.

And This whole "wait 10 game thing" is stupid. Doing so bluntly ignores the previous year(s). I am drawing my conclusions on years of work, not one game. We failed last year, with the same issues, and the year before that, and before that, and before that. Now magically you expect it to cure itself, all because YOU like the new style of the team, and "because it's a new season, stupid"

Style over results. We get it. You care about style. I care about results.

Least we signed Urbom. Cavalry is here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad