Post-Game Talk: Capitals 4, Penguins 3 - Letang Spots the Capitals a 2-1 Series Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
But we lost and they laughed. They showed one camera angle and the entire Cap bench was laughing at ZAR, including that living coward sissy boy Orpik.

If Rig blow up Backstrom or Ovie and we lose, I still think we win, bigtime.

Instead, we sucked it up, were the bigger person and lost on another questionable hit by Wilson.

I would be smiling all day if Rig had responded last night, but that's me and I get that not everyone shares the same mentality. I just don't like being talked down to that my mentality is somehow a problem. On 9/11, the girls in my office went to lunch with me. I didn't think much of it at the time until one of them told me months later that I made them feel safe that day.

Why the hell are you talking about being a knight in shining armor on 9/11 on a Pens message board in 2018?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Orpik got suspended for concussing Maatta.

OK. Updated list.

Have I missed something still? (I guess I missed Ovechkin chasing Malkin around back in 2009)

In 2009 ovechkin kneed Gonchar who got a knee injury. Ovechkin also took a slapshot aimed at Rob Scuderi late in a game when score was decided.

2016. Orpik concussed Maatta and got suspended. Wilson tried to end Shearys career by kneeing him.

In 2017 Crosby got a concussion from Ovechking slashing him in the neck/head and then Niskanen followed it up with a crosschecking "I did not mean to crosscheck him that high". Sheary was also concussed.

In 2018 Niskanen kneeing Guentzel, and Wilson with headshots on Dumo and ZAR, and this is only after 3 games.
---
Who will be next`?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Wilson has taken Ovechkins role of running around and trying to dummy people. Remember when it was Ovechkin taking runs at people every game? Now he doesn't do it and he's actually scoring. I don't think the Caps will ever win a Cup playing this garbage hockey. They need to adapt to the new rules.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
I remember in last year's playoffs (or was it two years ago) Ovechkin gone knee-on-knee on one of the Flyers, Gostisbehere if I'm not mistaken, in the first round.

Him and Wilson are predators with high hits and knee-on-knee hits. It can't be accidentical when they done it many times.
Ovi doesn't get much s** talked about him for his dirty play, but his constant charges and high hits+wooden chops(really hard slashes) lead to many injured players over the years. I'd absolutely put "dirty player" label on him.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I remember in last year's playoffs (or was it two years ago) Ovechkin gone knee-on-knee on one of the Flyers, Gostisbehere if I'm not mistaken, in the first round.

Him and Wilson are predators with high hits and knee-on-knee hits. It can't be accidentical when they done it many times.
Ovi doesn't get much s** talked about him for his dirty play, but his constant charges and high hits+wooden chops(really hard slashes) lead to many injured players over the years. I'd absolutely put "dirty player" label on him.
Only Sid and Geno get the “dirty superstar” monikers.

Early in Ovechkin’s career, nearly every one of his hits were charges and nobody ever called him on it, they just marveled at how big and strong he was.

It has worked out great for the Caps getting Wilson so that he can take all those runs at players while Ovie can protect his aging body and focus on scoring.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Only Sid and Geno get the “dirty superstar” monikers.

Early in Ovechkin’s career, nearly every one of his hits were charges and nobody ever called him on it, they just marveled at how big and strong he was.

It has worked out great for the Caps getting Wilson so that he can take all those runs at players while Ovie can protect his aging body and focus on scoring.

Which is frustrating...when the only guy that really deserves that label, not only doesn't get it, but gets away with the dirty stuff time and time again.

Last edited:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Which is frustrating...when the only guy that really deserves that label, not only doesn't get it, but gets away with the dirty stuff time and time again.
There are a slew of stars that have healthy reputations of “dirty” play but Sid and Geno get the focus.

Ovechkin, Marchand, Perry, Getzlaf, Subban, Buff, etc all have colorful histories but hey get a pass. Sid or Geno give someone a slash to the calf after taking a whole game of their shit and they are raked over the coals for it.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
OK. Updated list.

Have I missed something still? (I guess I missed Ovechkin chasing Malkin around back in 2009)

In 2009 ovechkin kneed Gonchar who got a knee injury. Ovechkin also took a slapshot aimed at Rob Scuderi late in a game when score was decided.

2016. Orpik concussed Maatta and got suspended. Wilson tried to end Shearys career by kneeing him.

In 2017 Crosby got a concussion from Ovechking slashing him in the neck/head and then Niskanen followed it up with a crosschecking "I did not mean to crosscheck him that high". Sheary was also concussed.

In 2018 Niskanen kneeing Guentzel, and Wilson with headshots on Dumo and ZAR, and this is only after 3 games.
---
Who will be next`?
Are you restricting it to the playoffs only?

There was that one time Ovechkin "tried to chop a puck" by going through Letang's leg first. I think that was a regular season game, though.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Why do we never have a guy capable of laying some abuse on other teams stars? I just cannot figure it out. We haven't had a guy like that since Bobby Farnham or Max Talbot, and don't tell me anyone of that ilk isn't infinitely better than Tom Kuhnackl, Carter Rowney, or Dominick Simon.

Teams have absolute free reign over the entire ice, never once having to worry about being taken out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Why do we never have a guy capable of laying some abuse on other teams stars? I just cannot figure it out. We haven't had a guy like that since Bobby Farnham or Max Talbot, and don't tell me anyone of that ilk isn't infinitely better than Tom Kuhnackl, Carter Rowney, or Dominick Simon.

Teams have absolute free reign over the entire ice, never once having to worry about being taken out.

Why won’t the most successful team since the NHL lockout in 05-06 mimic other teams that have literally no post season success!!!!!!!!

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Why won’t the most successful team since the NHL lockout in 05-06 mimic other teams that have literally no post season success!!!!!!!!

We won the cup without Letang last year. Why'd we keep him?

We were pretty successful too when we had those types of guys. We were usually derailed in the playoffs by Fleury not being able to stop a medicine ball

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We won the cup without Letang last year. Why'd we keep him?

We were pretty successful too when we had those types of guys. We were usually derailed in the playoffs by Fleury not being able to stop a medicine ball

Farnham never played a playoff game.

The game has changed since Talbot in 09. And there was a reason we let him walk.

The Letang argument is the most asinine thing I have ever heard from the collective mind of Penguins fans.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Anyone of our players could deliver a head shot. They don’t because it’s supposed to be against the rules [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Farnham never played a playoff game.

The game has changed since Talbot in 09. And there was a reason we let him walk.

The Letang argument is the most asinine thing I have ever heard from the collective mind of Penguins fans.

Can you explain in detail what has changed about the game since 2009? Thanks.

The point of Letang is, just because something works one year, doesn't mean it'll work every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad