Post-Game Talk: Capital Pains: Pens - 3, Caps - 4 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Was looking at the possession stats from last game and line matchups.

Looks like the Kessel line is outplaying Kuznetsov handily. Sid's line, despite the 3 goals against, outchanced Ovy's line as well.

Malkin and Cullen lines need to be better. It looks like the Cullen line's been bleeding scoring chances for a little while. I'd look into mixing up those two lines at some point especially on the road with Sid getting blanketed by Backstrom and their top D pair. I think the best we can realistically hope for is Sid to play that matchup to a draw. Kessel to outplay Kuznetsov. And Malkin to outplay the Caps bottom six.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Was looking at the possession stats from last game and line matchups.

Looks like the Kessel line is outplaying Kuznetsov handily. Sid's line, despite the 3 goals against, outchanced Ovy's line as well.

Malkin and Cullen lines need to be better. It looks like the Cullen line's been bleeding scoring chances for a little while. I'd look into mixing up those two lines at some point especially on the road with Sid getting blanketed by Backstrom and their top D pair. I think the best we can realistically hope for is Sid to play that matchup to a draw. Kessel to outplay Kuznetsov. And Malkin to outplay the Caps bottom six.
I like Rust with Malkin, I would try Rust with Geno and see which left winger can work with Geno for the left side.

Sprong can't be called up at all right?

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
I like Rust with Malkin, I would try Rust with Geno and see which left winger can work with Geno for the left side.

Sprong can't be called up at all right?
Sprong can be called up if they wanted him, yes.

As for Rust, he apparently told reporters he flat out wasn't comfortable playing with Malkin in the one game they were together against the Rangers.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sprong can be called up if they wanted him, yes.

As for Rust, he apparently told reporters he flat out wasn't comfortable playing with Malkin in the one game they were together against the Rangers.

I think I'd just throw Sundqvist in there and just mix and match until Malkin finds a pair of players he can at least play keep away with. Move Cullen with him and have Sundqvist center the 4th line for example.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I just can't stand how they don't make any sort of video, or even an explanation for the fine. It's just a blank statement they make that player X is being fined X amount of dollars.

This is the same ********** that looked at Weber taking Zetterbergs head and smashing it into the glass and did nothing.

Its a wink and nod league.

I am happy that the Pens didnt go through the media to complain like every team does to them.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
The NHL doesn't have a marketing partnership with an anti-kneeing advocacy group.

Understand, the NHL executive board doesn't actually care about either violence or people's feelings. Just their profit margins and the preservation of business obligations. They have a business obligation with YCP and none with anti-violence advocacy groups.

While I understand this type of thinking, I have the sneaking suspicion they are going to get shellacked by a future lawsuit over inaction on violence. It might not be next year, it might not be the year after, but it's coming.

And they deserve to. Nothing will change until someone is killed or paralyzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad