Capital One Arena announces $40 million upgrade to arena

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Don't they all have red somewhere in their uniform? Black is just so bland.

5%2B-%2BBWB.PNG

gtown-12-white-home-675x380.jpg

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
A new place? There’s not a better spot in the metro area for an arena than the one occupied by Cap One arena, that location is damn near ideal. I hope they renovate that very arena every 15-20 years or so until the asteroid hits.

Yeah, but Leonsis has been bitching about the mortgage for years, and has complained that the Caps and Wiz don't get the kind of handouts other teams get from their host cities.

We're all happy with Ted this summer, but he's going to be a real pain in the ass for us DC taxpayers once he can reasonably argue they need a new stadium. He'll threaten to move to the suburbs at the very least.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Yeah, but Leonsis has been *****ing about the mortgage for years, and has complained that the Caps and Wiz don't get the kind of handouts other teams get from their host cities.

We're all happy with Ted this summer, but he's going to be a real pain in the ass for us DC taxpayers once he can reasonably argue they need a new stadium. He'll threaten to move to the suburbs at the very least.

When the Skins started chirping about a new stadium a couple years ago there were some reports done on how the RFK site could be renovated to host a new Redskins stadium. It was in one of those reports that I first heard Uncle Ted wasn't happy with his Capital One situation. Surprised the hell out of me because it is such a great location but the reports said Uncle Ted could give the Skins a run for their money in regards to getting a venue built at the RFK site. So if Uncle Ted wants out of Capital one the RFK site is at least an option, but I can't see him leaving China Town.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
When the Skins started chirping about a new stadium a couple years ago there were some reports done on how the RFK site could be renovated to host a new Redskins stadium. It was in one of those reports that I first heard Uncle Ted wasn't happy with his Capital One situation. Surprised the hell out of me because it is such a great location but the reports said Uncle Ted could give the Skins a run for their money in regards to getting a venue built at the RFK site. So if Uncle Ted wants out of Capital one the RFK site is at least an option, but I can't see him leaving China Town.

I saw that. I'd actually be happy with that outcome since I'm almost walking distance to RFK. It would be a shame to leave Chinatown though.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Monumental Sports & Entertainment announced today it has reached a multi-year agreement with KETTLER, which includes the full naming rights of the 200-level at the newly renovated Capital One Arena. This would make the 2nd floor of the arena the KETTLER Loft Level for the 2018-19 event season, and beyond. Under the agreement, KETTLER also becomes a “Championship Level Partner.” Terms of the agreement were not made public.
“We are thrilled to continue our terrific partnership with KETTLER,” said Patrick Duffy, Sr. Vice President, Global Partnerships at Monumental Sports & Entertainment. “KETTLER sets the gold standard for property management and development in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and the mid-Atlantic region as a whole, and we are proud to call them a partner.”
Robert C. Kettler, CEO of KETTLER, called the partnership an “expansion of our long-standing relationship with Monumental Sports & Entertainment and its ownership.”
“It marks a new chapter in a relationship we have maintained for more than a dozen years as the sponsor of the Kettler Capitals Iceplex,” Kettler said. “Now, we are excited to move into the main arena.”
The agreement calls for KETTLER to sponsor the second level, or 200-level, of the Capital One Arena, which is undergoing a $40 million renovation. Other elements to the agreement include brand integration during Washington Capitals and Wizards games as well as an integrative radio partnership, digital billboard advertising opportunities, and exciting experiential opportunities for KETTLER partners and apartment residents.
The move will enable KETTLER to reach a broad demographic of people who attend Capitals hockey games, Wizards and Mystics basketball games, and arena football games with the Washington Valor and Baltimore Brigade, along with all other concerts, sports and entertainment events at the arena. The main escalators in the arena at the second-level loft, for example, will carry KETTLER branding and its familiar tagline: “Inspiration. From the Ground Up.”
“Washington is our hometown,” Kettler said. “We are proud to provide apartments, condominiums, townhomes and entire mixed-use communities for residents in the greater Washington, D.C. region. This sponsorship not only underscores our commitment to the Washington region, but to all of the Monumental Sports Teams.”

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
@Ridley Simon
"There will also be new exhibits on the 100 level that pay tribute to great moments in Capitals, Wizards, Mystics and Capital One Arena history."

Space for the Collection?;)
HA! If they are taking exhibits, I would surely send it over......minus the "good luck charm" jerseys I need to ensure the Caps win in the playoffs (I'm looking at you, Andrew Gordon #63)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The andrew Gordon jersey is the sacred one? :)

Turns out, yes. Wasnt by design......but it was the charm. I dont think we lost a game while I was wearing it. Go figure. Or I'd break it out while down, during the games.

I think I had a lot more success wearing it than he did, LOL. Least, far as the team winning was concerned. But perhaps it was meant to be!

Sep 19, 2008
Monumental Sports and Entertainment invited Capitals STH as well as Wizards, Valor and Mystics STH to see Black Panther at COA yesterday. Can tell you they haven't removed any of the seats yet, and most of the construction is on the concourse. The team store is totally demolished, there's nothing there. Be curious if they pick up the pace or not, the arena is still being used for Mystics games, and the preseason opener is in mid-September (next month!)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->