News Article: Capgeek Owner Matthew Wuest Dies From Cancer

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
What a great site he had.

Can't believe it was a one guy operation.

Sad to hear he has passed. He had an impact. What a great fan of this sport and a smart resourceful guy. He must have been sick a lot of the time he kept that site completely up to date.

All I know of him was his site. Knowing it was just his site makes me respect him all the more.

Matthew Wuest RIP.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
R.I.P

I wish he had passed the site off to someone else to run and kept his baby alive, but it was his choice and I respect it. No resource comes close to matching it, which is incredibly annoying.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
RIP Matthew :cry: Spent god knows how many hours on his site, truly seemed like a great guy.

Also he had reach, him and his site were so important to the hockey community. If you don`t believe that, he was one of the top 5 topics trending worldwide on twitter today.

**** cancer and **** it hard how thou art a heartless *****

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Cancer sucks. It sucks. My mom beat it. She was just lucky. Lucky to catch it early enough.

Capgeek. Lets hope it returns. Returns with Matthew Wuest name on
It.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Very sad to hear. Capgeek was an extremely useful site, nothing else out there even sniffs the amount of information/tools you could find on his website.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Cancer sucks. Seems like it's hitting damned near everyone these days.

CapGeek was a great site. Hopefully someone can use it as inspiration to make another cap-explaining site one day.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
**** cancer.

My heart goes out to him, his family, and his friends.

He made an amazing contribution to hockey. It didn't matter whether you are into analytics or think they suck, or what team you follow, every hockey fan could agree that Capgeek was the place to go to get 100% solid information. I cant think of another site for hockey information that has such universal appeal. He gave us a common language, so to speak, to use while discussing and debating our favourite sport, and it is was presented in a way that was user-friendly to the point of being mind boggling.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
RIP & my condolences, not too many people these days who don't know of someone who is or was suffering with cancer. Terrible disease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad