Cape Breton Screaming Eagles: 2016-2017 Thread

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Offseason news & notes:

• Andre Cote extends Marc-André Dumont's contract through 2019.
  • Michael Joly signed a 1-year, $70,000 contract with the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL).
  • Daryl MacCallum and Colin MacSween will not report to camp in August.
  • Eagles release rights to Shane Bowers.
  • Unconfirmed reports that Jacob Hickey (F) of Hammond Plains, N.S. will be traded to the Eagles from the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada during the 2016 QMJHL Entry Draft.

The 2016 QMJHL Entry Draft takes place in Charlottetown, P.E.I on June 4th. The following picks belong to the Eagles:

• 1st round (9th overall/compensation for Bowers)
  • 1st round (13th overall)
  • 3rd round
  • 3rd round (CHI)
  • 4th round
  • 4th round (SHE)
  • 6th round (SHE)
  • 7th round
  • 8th round
  • 9th round
  • 10th round
  • 11th round
  • 12th round
  • 13th round
  • 14th round

Lastly, my early predictions for next year's lineup:

Giovanni Fiore - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Peyton Hoyt
EURO - Massimo Carozza - Jordan Ty Fournier
Yannik Bertrand - Phélix Martineau - Dillon Boucher
David Caza - Declan Smith - Emmanuel Proulx
Scottie Greene

Logan O’Neill - Drake Batherson

Tobie Paquette-Bisson - Loïk Léveillé
Sacha Roy - Alexis Sansfaçon
Maxim Baillargeon - EURO

Kyle Jessiman
Vincent Dubuc

Last edited:

Hockey 247

Jun 19, 2014
Great to see that the Eagles drafted a couple of kids from CBW Islanders as well as one from CB Tradesmen. These picks will indeed suit up one day!!

Moncton Wildcats stole the one "X" kid that I had hoped would dawn the Black, White & Gold...:(

Val D'or, you will not be disappointed.

Congratulations to you all!:handclap:

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Hey Eagles fans,

What return would you guys be looking for to give up Dubois at Christmas???

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Hey Eagles fans,

What return would you guys be looking for to give up Dubois at Christmas???

Well, a lot.

A top '99 or '00-born prospect and several top-end draft picks. In 2013, Danault fetched Gabriel Gagné, three first-round picks and a second-round pick. I'd expect to receive at least that.

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
I glad you used the Danault example, because of that over payment and Moncton going out in 5 it would never happen again.

What about Luke & Matt Green plus 1st rounder in 2017 & 2nd rounded in 2018

Honestly I can't see anyone paying more than that because the trade period at Christmas will be during the time he will be at world Jrs. And risk of injury......plus everyone knows he won't be back next year. Dubois is a very short term rental.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I glad you used the Danault example, because of that over payment and Moncton going out in 5 it would never happen again.

What about Luke & Matt Green plus 1st rounder in 2017 & 2nd rounded in 2018

Honestly I can't see anyone paying more than that because the trade period at Christmas will be during the time he will be at world Jrs. And risk of injury......plus everyone knows he won't be back next year. Dubois is a very short term rental.

Well, the following year, the Drakkar gave up three first-round picks and a third-round pick for Hudon. The Sea Dogs, Huskies and Cataractes are all genuine contenders this season. Dubois puts any of the those teams over the top. The Cats have never won the President's Cup in their 46 year history. Giving up a few first-rounders and, maybe, Gabriel Denis or Tommy Cardinal, would make them the stand-alone favourites.

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Another good example of over payment. but I believe a more reasonable offer to compare to would be The Huskies last year getting Timo Meier.

RD_1, 2017
RD_2, 2017
RD_4, 2018

I honestly hope you get max value but I don't believe the Seadog's management would ever overpay or sell the future for a chance at temporary success.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up after Christmas

HSB Alumni

Oct 26, 2016
Well, a lot.

A top '99 or '00-born prospect and several top-end draft picks. In 2013, Danault fetched Gabriel Gagné, three first-round picks and a second-round pick. I'd expect to receive at least that.

Perhaps a package deal with one of their young goaltenders.
Jessiman is 17 and having a great start, plus 2 other goalies in the system at only 16.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fans are wondering if we could get an update Leon Gawanke. His production is very good right now can we get a scouting report if possible?

Thx

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Jets fans are wondering if we could get an update Leon Gawanke. His production is very good right now can we get a scouting report if possible?

Thx
He's been terrific. His 12-game scoring streak was just snapped. The streak was the longest of any player in the 'Q' so far this season. He's second in d-men scoring, first in d-men goal-scoring and fifth in shots among defencemen. He's a very bright player. He sees the ice very well and is comfortable at all ends of it. His game is Lidstrom-like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad