Post-Game Talk: Cap team 5, Mickey Mouse team 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I almost wonder if he's a bit more like a Torts type than we know and the players just tune out at a certain point? Although it seems odd they would tune him out so soon after finally having some success last year.
It felt like they tuned him out in 2016 also, but they seemed to shed some deadweight and came back the next year and seemed to at least respond.

I still don't give him credit for making the playoffs last year, but at least they responded.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
It felt like they tuned him out in 2016 also, but they seemed to shed some deadweight and came back the next year and seemed to at least respond.

I still don't give him credit for making the playoffs last year, but at least they responded.

Massive roster change last year. A lot of new faces and rookies.

I'll say it again, at least deBoer had a system and the team played it, we just never converted on shooting chances. How many games were the shots 40-20 in our favor and we'd loose 3-1? Team was less talented in his last years bu generally put in a good effort.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I have no problems playing Kinkaid over Schneider this season. Given the well documented issues that Schneider has. But after this latest blowout we have reached a point whereby Kinkaid's confidence looks shot.

So we now have 2 struggling goaltenders with confidence issues.

Add to our younger players like Butcher, Zacha, Wood playing poorly compared to last year, and our win-loss record being among the worse in the NHL, I don't see how Hynes position as head coach is tenable.

We have tried everything but a coaching change.

AHL callups and demotions haven't worked.
Waiver wire (Dea) didn't work.
Mature Euro prospect (Yakolev) hasn't made a difference, although I dont think he has been that bad aside from a few difficult moments.

Its time for Shero to fire Hynes and Nasreddine at a minimum.

Make a godfather offer to Quenneville to takeover.

Do something please.

Reactions: Nok Hockey

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing is, they shouldn't need the ****ing coach to constantly get them motivated. Just last year these same players saw what working their asses off got them, which was back in the playoffs. It seems weird that they would abandon that 4 games into the season. This team showed resilience last year during that road trip that was supposed to end our season, yet fold like a cheap tent this year. I just don't get it.

The players should be self-starters, but it’s the coaches job to hold the players accountable if they aren’t doing what they need to do. Benching Hall for playing like dog shit tonight was something at least.

You can’t trade all your players.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
We should offer sheet Brayden Point to the tune of $10m per season. Just blow Tampa out of the water.

Amazing player, certified Devils killer.

Yes we will give up a boat load of future picks but it will mean that he won't ever play us again. It would be worth it, trust me. ;)

We'd take care of a top 6 center problem. He could be the number one and Nico the number 2.

This team is beyond boring right now, and it's just not fun to watch anymore.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
not good enough, he doesnt deserve the road trip. this is bull**** to accept silence from Shero on the matter as well

What do you think he's going to say? That this is a good chunk his fault? That he banked on what feels like 10 guys having career years to do it again and have every rookie make great strides knowing deep down that's not realistic? That there is an internal cap? He's going to give you nothing you don't already know with just the eye test. You don't need him speaking in g.m. talk to know these things.

Reactions: MartyOwns

ThePrideofStockholm

Sep 29, 2017
Stockholm
If we sack Hynes, or maybe I should say when he gets sacked. Are there any good coaches out there? On the positive side. Boqvist are looking good playing first line in shl and Zetterlund is back from his injury

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i still believe that something shook this team to the core that we dont know about. noway they go from the start they had to how they are playing now? noway something happened in that locker room

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Sigh...our last Cup seems like something from the Jurrasic period at this point. Geez, my high school sophomore wasn't even born yet and my HS junior just turned one. All they've known is the Devils being irrelevant. They look on in wonder when they gather round and I tell them tales of Stevens and Niedermeyer, and Vezina trophies, and Brodeur shutouts, and deep playoff runs, and epic 7-games series..............

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Sigh...our last Cup seems like something from the Jurrasic period at this point. Geez, my high school sophomore wasn't even born yet and my HS junior just turned one. All they've known is the Devils being irrelevant. They look on in wonder when they gather round and I tell them tales of Stevens and Niedermeyer, and Vezina trophies, and Brodeur shutouts, and deep playoff runs, and epic 7-games series..............

tell it again pa tell it again

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
We should offer sheet Brayden Point to the tune of $10m per season. Just blow Tampa out of the water.

Amazing player, certified Devils killer.

Yes we will give up a boat load of future picks but it will mean that he won't ever play us again. It would be worth it, trust me. ;)
christ, i thought you were serious at first. the shouts of offer sheets make me go crazy

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Fifteen years is a long time in life but it ain’t a long time in sports. If you think this is long try being a Mets (32 years) or Jets (50 years) fan sometime.

What’s worse than x number of years without a championship is the number of years this team has been irrelevant since 2012. Another 3-4 of these kind of seasons and you might lose out on a whole generation of potential fans.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I can just imagine some Oilers fans going "See, I told you you can't win with Hall!"

Oilers fan here because literally this is happening right now on our board and it drives me crazy lol.

What's going on with Hall? Clashing with Hynes?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Oilers fan here because literally this is happening right now on our board and it drives me crazy lol.

What's going on with Hall? Clashing with Hynes?

Nothing is going on with Hall. He had a bad game last night and it was showing. Hynes sat him for the rest of the 2nd and took him off the top line in the 3rd. He was having that bad of a game.

Hall is trying to do too much at times this year, but he's been completely fine. There's nothing more to it than that.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Fifteen years is a long time in life but it ain’t a long time in sports. If you think this is long try being a Mets (32 years) or Jets (50 years) fan sometime.

What’s worse than x number of years without a championship is the number of years this team has been irrelevant since 2012. Another 3-4 of these kind of seasons and you might lose out on a whole generation of potential fans.

Seton Hall hasn't been to the Final Four in 30 years, and haven't had the top record in the Big East since 1993.

The Red Bulls are still the MetroStars.

We should keep in perspective that relative to the success of most of our area's teams at all levels, the Devils of 1995-2003 are an exception, not the rule.

It just sucks that it happened so early in the history of our franchise whereas now we can't handle a basement dweller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad