Post-Game Talk: Cap team 5, Mickey Mouse team 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I definitely don't think Boyle is like Stafford, Schneider, Lovejoy or Greene, but I definitely also don't want him back after this year. I like how he's played this year, he's been fine. I don't think he's worth being ripped on around like some people do, but that doesn't mean he should be back next year. Especially since he's a UFA, it's pretty easy to say that this should probably be his last year here. Because while he's fine now, I think we could be looking at a time in a year from now if we do bring him back where he will have worn out his welcome here.

I've been saying for over a year now that Greene can't do this anymore. If Greene was a UFA last year, there's no way Shero would have re-signed him this past offseason. I don't care how much they've been using him and how much that represents what the organization really think of him still. He's cooked and one of the reasons he's cooked is because he's probably played 2 year worth of the minutes that he's probably capable of playing over these last two years, just in the last 1.33 seasons. Greene would probably look okay in the role Lovejoy is in and he might hold up looking okay all season long if he were used in that role.

Lovejoy is shot, he shouldn't be here next year. But like someone has already brilliantly noted, Drew Stafford is probably very skeptical that Ben Lovejoy won't be here in any playing capacity next year. Drew Stafford certainly has his doubts on that one.

I don't think there's any chance Stafford is back next year. I also didn't think there was any chance he'd be back this year either. And I don't think he will be next year, but because of him being back this year, I'm skeptical Lovejoy doesn't get this type of role and contract next year.

I've already been over Schneider enough. Don't wanna see him again after this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm guessing Hynes will have like 1 or 2 more games to right this ship.... but if no wins and no progress..........you might not be as upset...
Maybe Pete and Hynes are friends. Shero might dump him off in San Jose after the game there hahahahaha.

Oh, wait, the Sharks are my second favorite team.:help:

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Maybe Pete and Hynes are friends. Shero might dump him off in San Jose after the game there hahahahaha.

Oh, wait, the Sharks are my second favorite team.:help:

Becareful, you may end with bringing back PDB, for old times sake........... we'd have a high energy 3 man forecheck..... just we're missing most of our superstars (except Hall) and big bodies that used to be here. Zajac can bring him up to speed for good measure.

:help:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And I know I've said this just a few nights ago, but it's scary right now.

Greene, Schneider, Lovejoy, Stafford (the last two who Lou never had) are looking like throwbacks to some of the guys we had here in Lou's last two seasons. We didn't have any really terrible, old defensemen that were once great in Lou's last couple years here. Greene is like the defense version of maybe Zubrus? Cory is Marty, Lovejoy is Havlat, Stafford is Ryder. It's pretty sad actually. Greene and Schneider were arguably the best two players the organization had when Shero took over. Time took them way too fast, although it was to be expected a little more with Greene. Cory wasn't even 30 when Shero got here.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I'm guessing Hynes will have like 1 or 2 more games to right this ship.... but if no wins and no progress..........you might not be as upset...
not good enough, he doesnt deserve the road trip. this is bullshit to accept silence from Shero on the matter as well

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Becareful, you may end with bringing back PDB, for old times sake........... we'd have a high energy 3 man forecheck..... just we're missing most of our superstars (except Hall) and big bodies that used to be here. Zajac can bring him up to speed for good measure.

:help:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Most of the Sharks board wants Pete fired already and there's been speculation (just fan speculation really, no legit sources) that he's on his way out. I think Pete may also be a lame duck, as his original contract in 2015 was for 4 years. However, he admitted he had one year left with the Devils on his contract after the year he was fired. So I'm not sure if the Sharks gave him 3 years and the fourth year was the one year he had remaining with the Devils or if they gave him 4 years on top of the 1 year remaining and he's really not up until 2020.

Not to mention, he may have even been extended anyway and we don't know about it. I remember McLellan got extended and that didn't even come out until a year later.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
not good enough, he doesnt deserve the road trip. this is bull**** to accept silence from Shero on the matter as well
I'm still waiting for Hynes to dail back his system and make it super conservative to cut down on the blowouts.

So instead of losing 4-2 and allowing 30 shots, we'll be allowing 20 shots and losing 2-1. That was his secret to success early on here. Once he runs out of ideas, I can see that ''System'' from the prehistoric ages making a return here.

And I'm still waiting for the next Gabriel call up, because this team needs to sacrifice for each other or some shit that will help us collectively up our compete level.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only been like 4 years, but feels like a decade. ****. Feeling bad about this now, lol.

Some of those named guys should be better!
It is funny how none of them are really old. I mean, Greene is 36, but Lovejoy is 34, Schneider is 32, Stafford is 34 and he declined REALLY fast.

Oh, shit, Stafford isn't even 34, he just turned 33 on October 30th! I thought he was from the 2003 draft, but he was actually from the 2004 draft.

So yeah, he dropped off real fast. I remember he looked good for the first month of last season.

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
This team PROBABLY needs a disciplinarian again, or at least someone who holds people defensively accountable in a meaningful and constructive way.

Lemaire is first to come to mind (retired five times alraedy it seems like -- too old.)
Hitch is taken, and would probably stifle our creative young guys, but install structure, awareness and winning mindset.

Ah shit, what am I kidding who else is left that is respectable and proven winner? Q?

I did like Hynes, just, what else is there to do with this team.

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I'm still waiting for Hynes to dail back his system and make it super conservative to cut down on the blowouts.

So instead of losing 4-2 and allowing 30 shots, we'll be allowing 20 shots and losing 2-1. That was his secret to success early on here. Once he runs out of ideas, I can see that ''System'' from the prehistoric ages making a return here.

And I'm still waiting for the next Gabriel call up, because this team needs to sacrifice for each other or some **** that will help us collectively up our compete level.

I am totally shocked he hasn't done that yet already. Because yes, that was his #1 formula that first year because.....quite literally, he HAD NO OTHER CHOICE.

We had a defensive, boring as hell, but somewhat winnable if things go right (like Palms having good breaks). He should try it for a few games, to throw off the pre-game scouting.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hynes is not going to run a turtle system with Taylor Hall here. If he was going to do it, he would have done it already, there's already more than enough evidence that whatever the current 'system' is, isn't working.

Reactions: Call Me Al

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It is funny how none of them are really old. I mean, Greene is 36, but Lovejoy is 34, Schneider is 32, Stafford is 34 and he declined REALLY fast.

Oh, ****, Stafford isn't even 34, he just turned 33 on October 30th! I thought he was from the 2003 draft, but he was actually from the 2004 draft.

So yeah, he dropped off real fast. I remember he looked good for the first month of last season.

That's what I'm saying....

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Hynes is not going to run a turtle system with Taylor Hall here. If he was going to do it, he would have done it already.

He could for a short while, regain team confidence in their own defense, goalie, etc. Then open it up again when they have recovered, when people don't play like their hockey sticks have been in glassblowing furnance, you know bring back some of that old NJD heritage.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was there really a report that Hynes and Shero were meeting tonight behind closed doors? Or was this a joke of some kind?

@glenwo2 I believe I caught something about you mentioning this in the GDT a couple hours ago.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes is not going to run a turtle system with Taylor Hall here. If he was going to do it, he would have done it already, there's already more than enough evidence that whatever the current 'system' is, isn't working.
Well he did do the stupid turtle system when things got out of hand in 2016, especially with the goaltending when Cory started breaking down. Back in Hall's first yere here.
This team PROBABLY needs a disciplinarian again, or at least someone who holds people defensively accountable in a meaningful and constructive way.

Lemaire is first to come to mind (retired five times alraedy it seems like -- too old.)
Hitch is taken, and would probably stifle our creative young guys, but install structure, awareness and winning mindset.

Ah ****, what am I kidding who else is left that is respectable and proven winner? Q?

I did like Hynes, just, what else is there to do with this team.
I figured Hynes was a disciplinarian though? Isn't he? More so than other guys. Maybe not to Torts level though or someone like Burns/Lemaire or even Sutter.

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I always thought him more a systems guy, like PDB (but with a totally different system), and a stronger PR mindset in selling the system than PDB had. Hynes also seems to be less of a vet guy, and more of a "willing to try the kids" guy, and whomever has a lot of speed stays, kind of guy.

I could be totally wrong, just my impression, really. He could be a disciplinarian. Granted, I honestly didn't catch the inside the scenes stuff from pre-season so tell me guys if i'm way off the inside info :)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I always thought him more a systems guy, like PDB (but with a totally different system), and a stronger PR mindset in selling the system than PDB had. Hynes also seems to be less of a vet guy, and more of a "willing to try the kids" guy, and whomever has a lot of speed stays, kind of guy.

I could be totally wrong, just my impression, really. He could be a disciplinarian. Granted, I honestly didn't catch the inside the scenes stuff from pre-season so tell me guys if i'm way off the inside info :)
They're all up on youtube, the behind the glass stuff. All 4 episodes.

He's not a Burns disciplinarian, but he seems to be a little bit of one. After some of these efforts, he's gotta be screaming at them by now, especially how mad he got after a couple of our periods against SC Bern in the preseason game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That Kucherov goal on Keith looked like something that Marty would allow during December of 2010.

He allowed a BRUTAL goal like to Atlanta in the Eric Boulton hat trick game. There was a bad glove side goal going in on Marty during almost every game for like 2 months, even continuing into Lemaire taking over.

He also allowed a really laughable one like that against the Rangers, I think it was? One of those games right after Lemaire came back.

Here it is! Around 56 seconds into the video.

And it was Boyle who scored it hahahaha. This one touches Marty's glove and goes in, I don't think tonight's goal hit Keith's glove at all. I think he just missed it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the goal Stevens scored on Khabibulin in game 4 of the 2003 series against Tampa was similar to those ones, only it went glove side high and he whiffed on it, not glove side low. I haven't seen that goal in good footage in years though. Maybe not since the night it happened. I just remember laughing my ass off at it and Torts played John Grahame the next game and wouldn't say why he started Grahame and not Khabibulin. The only thing Khabibulin did wrong in that game before that was allow the brutal goal to Stevens though, so it had to be that.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They're all up on youtube, the behind the glass stuff. All 4 episodes.

He's not a Burns disciplinarian, but he seems to be a little bit of one. After some of these efforts, he's gotta be screaming at them by now, especially how mad he got after a couple of our periods against SC Bern in the preseason game.

I almost wonder if he's a bit more like a Torts type than we know and the players just tune out at a certain point? Although it seems odd they would tune him out so soon after finally having some success last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->