Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs. Wild, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I'm picking this as the one game in usually twenty or so when Granlund comes alive. He'd be a decent player if only he played against his bigger and better brother every day.

3-2 Canucks.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Is Leivo gonna play is my only question at this point.

Just do I can read a bunch of wildly different opinions of him after one game.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
This gonna be a Wild game :laugh:

5-0 Canucks with goals by Boeser Pettersson Horvat Leivo and Virtanen

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Is Leivo gonna play is my only question at this point.

Just do I can read a bunch of wildly different opinions of him after one game.
Yes he will play, its confirmed

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
This is what they had at practice today. Motte and Roussel didn't practice and Leivo of course didn't make it out to Vancouver yet.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks wrapping up one of the worst Novembers in franchise history....and given some of the truly awful teams over the past 50 years, that's saying something.

But for some reason the Canucks play the Wild tough at home. If Nilsson starts again and can replicate what he did against Dallas, they've got a shot. Have to stay out of the penalty box though. Their pk is catastrophic at the moment. And they can't win if their pp goes 0-4 again. I'm sensing an OT game, with a 'pick-em'.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Beagle back!

Hoping we send down Gaudette soon. Kid needs ice time and more development. NHL is not the place for that for him yet.

Benning is quoted as saying that Beagle would come back and Gaudette would stay because he is a center and Granlund would go back out on the wing. Leipsic would go down. Lepisic got claimed doesn't have an effect. When Gudbranson is healthy and the Canucks scratch 2 D-men and the forwards number 15 and it doesn't matter who they are, something has to give. Leivo is a new extra forward. Remember the last time this situation existed it was Biega that got sent down.
I count 13 and 8 right now. That's not too many.

Is Benning going to play the game of this guy is injured for a game and that guy is injured and keep jockeying around his 23 eligible roster players? Before he has to declare who his healthy are going to be?

Gaudette is his only safe demotion at the moment. Maybe he's gun shy and it will be Adam that gets the plane ticket. It should be him anyways. You are absolutely correct about ice time being the major key for his development.

Last edited:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Goldobin-Pettersson-Leivo
Gagner-Horvat-Boeser
Roussel-Granlund-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Interesting..not to sure whether they're going to split up Boeser-Pete though.....?

It's not like Green won't mix up the lines 4 minutes in anyways?
I like how Boeser and Petey have looked together, but Boeser and Horvat have very good chemistry generally.

Maybe Boeser and Pettersson on different lines means one of those two can get a matchup against an easier to exploit d pairing, rather than getting the top pairings sent out against them together all the time?

Kinda makes you wish we could just clone Boeser. :help:

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
I'd rather clone EP. He can center any two ham & eggers and the line likely would still look somewhat respectable.

Just have EP clones do it all, I mean the kid can already play center, wing, probably could transition to defense just fine... hell, I would be surprised if Petey wasn't half decent trying goal too?

Could even rename the team...
The Vancouver Aliens gameplay would be out of this world.

...but actually, even though I feel getting him is unlikely, Jack Hughes could be a possible Petey "clone."

Reactions: Hit the post

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Ah fack...
Got a call from a friend to join him for game... I said yes.

Had no idea that the Wild were next up.

Never had a positive experience watching the wild live here.

All started with the miserable 7-2 playoff loss.. yada yada..then finally to the first game I took my son to (4-1 loss).. now tomorrow..

I now expect another regrettable decision.

Ever the optimist.. streaks are meant to end.. right?
Damn it.

Markus Granlund is my only hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad