Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs. Penguins, Saturday

Did somebody say "box kites?"

• No.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The common box kite was originally used as a means of drying wet string.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • And Pittsburgh is gonna kill us.

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017

"His dietary staple, to the chagrin of those who surround him, is junk food.

''Hamburgers, french fries, pizza,'' said Lemieux, dipping the chicken wings in extra hot sauce.

''Not junk food. Fast food.''" - Kevin Dupont, New York Times, October 22, 1984

LEMIEUX IS LIVING UP TO HIS NAME AND NUMBER

"Not junk food. Fast food.''

lemieux-92-cup.jpg

Last edited:

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
The return of the golden kid? Vancouver wins this with ease. Let the point streak continue!

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The "Everyone who is almost healthy is healthy" edition..

Soooo... maybe:

Leipsic - Horvat - Boeser
Goldobin - Pettersson - Eriksson
Roussell - Sutter - Virtanen
Schaller - Granlund - (Archibald/Motte)

Leipsic - way too many turnovers and falls down way too easy/much = obviously we saw it lead to the backbreaker last night. I think I would rather have Motte along side Horvat and Boeser... let him do some grunt work.. Even Roussel... then put Motte along side Sutter.

With the return Pettersson and Boeser... I think it makes Leipsic's "skill" expendable... would like to see:

Goldy - Pettersson - Eriksson
Motte - Horvat - Boeser
Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen
Schaller - Granlund - Archibald.

D is a messy mess..With Tanev also assumed healthy for this particular exercise:

Hutton - Gudbranson
Del Zotto - Tanev
Pouliot - Stecher

Markstrom.

25 -Starter from here on out. No question about it for me.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The poll is great for extrapolating data.

One third of us get Simpsons references from the mid nineties, two thirds of us are too young/oblivious/pessimistic to, but we all agree that someone said "box kite".

Also get ready for this one. I don't know how well we match up with everyone in the line up, let alone with out Baertschi, Edler and potentially Pettersson, Boeser and Tanev. Plus did I see on the replays that Gudbranson and Sutter both got injured and played through? Yikes. Horvat is going to have to carry this team...

Reactions: Zombotron

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pens toyed with Calgary and probably still nettled by Boeser's OT winner in their game with the Canucks at Pittsburgh. Not liking the optics of this game. But if the Canucks were to somehow pull out a win, they'd finish 7-5 overall in the most brutal portion of their schedule. Who'd have thunk it.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I've been impressed with the Canucks goaltending this season,so I'm not expecting a Mike Smith type meltdown...Hopefully,the Canucks have jump in their game (they did last night,but no puck luck),unlike the Caps game,where they looked gassed.

Penguins are a good team,and I'm sure that they will be out for revenge ....Canucks are a consensus bottom 10 team,so obviously expectations have to be held in check...Just hope its a good game.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Don't know how reliable a source Corey Hirsch is but:

@Sportsnet650

Corey Hirsch: Im hearing that Boeser, Pettersson and Tanev are probable for the #Canucks tomorrow against the Penguins
5:09 PM - 26 Oct 2018

Honestly, if there is any question of their health, they should sit. Why risk our young players, or Tanevs trade value? What would be the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad