Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Maple Leafs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Leafs looked impressive in their win over STL,and the Canucks are going to have their hands full (especially trying to contain the three superstars..Marner,Tavares,Matthews)...Canucks usually have a good performance against the Leafs at Rogers Arena.

As for the Leafs themselves..I think that they are a really good team..but are they a team poised to go far in the playoffs.?...no..I'd say out in the first round again.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leafs are a freewheeling team....if the Canucks fall back and let them come at them in waves, they're in a heap of trouble. But if they can throw pucks in deep and grind the TO defense down low, they're vulnerable.

But the way the Canucks are playing right now, I can see another 40-shot night for Markstrom, who'll have to be their best player again.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Leafs are a freewheeling team....if the Canucks fall back and let them come at them in waves, they're in a heap of trouble. But if they can throw pucks in deep and grind the TO defense down low, they're vulnerable.

But the way the Canucks are playing right now, I can see another 40-shot night for Markstrom, who'll have to be their best player again.
When was the last time Markstrom was our best player or had 40 saves. Other than the Ottawa game our goaltending has been pretty average for a good part of a month.

Last edited:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Sure hope the players decide this is a must win for the Canucks. Nothing is worse than the Leaf media coverage.

Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes all need to show out in this game. The most media coverage they'll get all year unless we get into the playoffs.

Reactions: bh53

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Leafs just coming off a impressive win against the Cup defending Blues, Canucks coming off an uncessary OT game they should have put away long before the 3rd. I think we lose this one in a high scoring game like 6-4 or 6-3

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i have a feeling it'll be a high scoring game.
Ferland will make an impact
Petey will score
and Marky wins us the game

Reactions: flying v 604

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
It should be another high scoring game. Canucks with the 4th best powerplay in the league and the leafs with the 25th worse PK in the league.
Unless we get the same referees as the last game. They called us for doing almost nothing, and then immediately didn't call a clear trip on Petey or when Bo was smeared into the glass and injured. The penalty in OT was nice though. Changed the OTL to a W.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Not sure that they can’t turn it around but their points total has gone down the last two years to the point they were a playoff bubble team last year and look to be worse this year.

that playoff bubble team finished with the 7th most points and 4th most regulation wins in the league last year, for the record.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
that playoff bubble team finished with the 7th most points and 4th most regulation wins in the league last year, for the record.
Actually to be accurate, they were tied for 7th with two other teams as they hit 100 points with 96 points being the usual cut off point for the playoffs. They finished tied for 5th in the East in points. Just 4 points ahead of Montreal. One ahead of Carolina and two ahead of Columbus.
And were about a .500 team from Jan 1st 2019 on last season. Which is about the same record they have this year.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For the record, they were tied for 7th with three teams and were a playoff bubble team. They finished 7th in the East in points. Just 4 points ahead of Montreal. One ahead of Carolina and two ahead of Columbus.

7th most points, 4th most regulation wins.

for comparison, the year before they finished with the 6th most points, but 9th most regulation wins.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
7th most points, 4th most regulation wins.

for comparison, the year before they finished with the 6th most points, but 9th most regulation wins.
Incorrect. Tied for 7th in points with two other teams. Tied for 5th in the East with one more point than Carolina and two more than Columbus.
The cut off for making the playoffs was 98 points. The Leafs had 100. As I said playoff bubble team.

Reactions: flying v 604

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Have to say, I'm kind of shocked that this is not a 6pm PST start. Figured the people back east would have told the Canucks to push up the start time to accommodate the Eastern fans.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Benn not at practice..Hopefully, just a maintenance day for him...Leaf fans look at the Western Canada road swing as an easy part of their schedule...(Since they beat the SC champ Blues,the rest of the league should be a cakewalk right?).

Reactions: bh53 and Sneezy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->