Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs. Kings, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Granlund, Leipsic, Eriksson on PP2 ahead of Virtnanen is ridiculous. Wake up Travis, he was your best forward last game and other nights recently, what does the guy have to do to play over 3 players that need to be off this team??
Agreed. Jakes best game and Gaudette finally scoring so Coach Greens response is to take them both off the PP units. lol ok coach Tank :laugh:

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Just to add to the stats Beagle had 8.11 GA/60 on the PK. Sutter had 1.34 GA/60 on PK.

The Canucks had 3 PP against in the 5 games Beagle played. Beagle was on for all of them.

Sutter was the driver of the PK success

Seems that Beagle being this great penalty killer is a bit of a myth. I think his numbers were were pretty poor on the PK in Washington last year.

Reactions: geebaan

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
In practice this morning;

PP1: Gagner, Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Edler
PP2: Goldobin, Granlund, Eriksson, Leipsic, Hutton

Let me put in my $.02

PP1: Gagner, Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Edler
PP2: Goldobin, Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Hutton

I would consider swapping Edler and Hutton around.

This isn't that difficult. But it requires Gaunce being brought back from Utica, to take some of the load off Horvat. Again, this is not rocket science.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Tank commander Willie

I feel sorry for Willie. Think about this; the best goalie he has had to work with in nearly FIVE YEARS is Markstrom who is, IMHO, a barely adequate NHL backup. Funny how he still keeps getting high profile hockey jobs since he's apparently such a terrible coach...

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Trades are always possible. Sutter goes froma NTC to a 15 team trade list. Add in retention and it’s completey possible that the Canucks deal sutter at either the tdl or draft.

But comes down to how confident the organization is in gaudette. Plus if they incur injuries again next year they want some depth so that they don’t have to keep over using Horvat.

Gaunce at this stage likely does not get qualified and he leaves in free agency. Same could apply to Granny. Are there any AHL guys who play C that you would call up next year?

"Are there any AHL guys who play C that you would call up next year?"

Why don't one of you knowledgeable fans answers this guy's question? It's obvious he has never checked into the Utica Comets page.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Those who thought Willie D is a great coach and said the Orca fans are delusional.

Where are those people now, I wonder.

Reactions: vanuck

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Those who thought Willie D is a great coach and said the Orca fans are delusional.

Where are those people now, I wonder.
I think WD is a nice guy away from the rink, but as far as coaching goes, the deployment and record speaks for itself. I believe there are descriptions of him physiologically on the bench.

Last edited:

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Ilya Kovalchuk averaged 19:11 of TOI per game under John Stevens. He scored 4 goals, 11 points in 13 games. He received an average of 3:44 of PP TOI per game and was on the first PP unit. He led the team in points under Stevens.

Drew Doughty had 10 points in 13 games under Stevens. Jeff Carter had 4 goals, 9 points. Alex Iafollo had 8 points.

Under Willie Desjardins, Kovalchuk has averaged 15:15 of TOI per game. He has scored 1 goal, 3 points in 10 games. He has averaged 2:18 of PP TOI per game and is on the second PP unit. He ranks 9th in scoring since Desjardins took over.

Drew Doughty has 4 points in 10 games under Desjardins. Carter has 0 goals, 3 points. Iafollo has 1 point in 10 games.

Scoring ratio under Stevens: 28 GF, 45 GA, 13 games played. Record of 4-8-1.

Under Desjardins: 22 GF, 29 GA, 10 games played. Record of 4-6-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Good Vibes

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Our PK has fallen apart without Sutter period, it has nothing to do with Beagle.
As the old hockey bromide goes, you goalie is your best penalty-killer. Canucks pk sucks because they can't get a save from either Markstrom or Nilsson. Too many drifting long shots from the point are finding their way into the back of the net. Unless they step it up, Sutter and Beagle won't make that much difference even when they return.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Almost time for a GDT Zombie Man. Or just continue here i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad