GDT: Canucks visit Jets Saturday Jan.30 7pm PST/Jan.31 2pm AEDT/Jan .31 11am HKT/Jan.31 4am CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
We are comrades in hot dogs/cheeseburgs at the Monroe ave.'s greek burger joint. Sadly Gitsis closed in 2013 and became the Avenue Diner. and it would close later as well. Gitsis was a Monroe High School hangout and was packed after any high school activity.

The hot sauce applied to burgers, dogs, etc. is a Rochester delicacy. Up Monroe Avenue was an even better joint, Don and Bob's. There was also a Kosher Deli, Fox's Deli, greatest Beef on wick corned beef on rye, just to mention a couple sandwiches. Enough meat on one sandwich to take lunch to school for a week. Their chocolate cake was to die for. I had a Jewish girlfriend in my Soph and Jr Years. She lived near the 12 corners where both of these places were and her mother bought stuff from Fox's all the time. I think that's why I stayed with her so long. Her mother hated me. I was a detestable Goyam. My wife says I was her teenaged rebellion against her mom. Ate well is all I know.

very sorry to hear about gitsis. i ate way too many of those garbage plates than was healthy. but what are your twenties for?

in my day, there was a pizza place on monroe that had the world’s greatest buffalo wings outside of anchor bar. my wife still talks about it.

brownstein’s had great bagels, a huge shame we didn’t discover it until our last year there.

but my biggest regret is never getting around to watching tanev at RIT, even after rumours the canucks were going after him hard.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I didn't wanna jinx it buuuuuut. Just won 22 bucks on a $3 bet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210130-212617_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210130-212617_Chrome.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Is Larry on? Is Winnipeg still obviously a better team? This is not 2018-19 anymore. They are similar teams with Dubois Winnipeg might have better forwards but they do not have Hughes on d. It will be interesting but if Canucks play like that they are as good as anyone in the North.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The Canucks have pretty much dominated all game. As for Myers, I don't quite see what everyone else does here. He's done some weird shit defensively as usual but had incredible shifts with the puck earlier in the game. He's always a tradeoff and he's been a good one tonight.
i dont think people get how much ice he eats up and he's a very good offensive player. last year he never really got going in that regard.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
very sorry to hear about gitsis. i ate way too many of those garbage plates than was healthy. but what are your twenties for?

in my day, there was a pizza place on monroe that had the world’s greatest buffalo wings outside of anchor bar. my wife still talks about it.

brownstein’s had great bagels, a huge shame we didn’t discover it until our last year there.

but my biggest regret is never getting around to watching tanev at RIT, even after rumours the canucks were going after him hard.

My son graduated from RIT and in my college days they were our #1 rival. My angriest hockey moment came in their rink. Coming out onto the ice from the locker room before a televised game and my least talented, but oldest D-man pulled my skates out from under me when I was jumping out onto the ice. I went face first much to his enjoyment. He said later it was to relieve my tension and calm my nerves. I didn't want nerves calmed. I puked before every game. I played scared. I was afraid to lose. The nerves kept me at peak awareness. To watch me you would swear I was relaxed, but I was tied in knots inside. If I didn't puke the coach would sit me and start my rival/backup. At the final horn I was silly putty, not a nervous twitch in my body.

That D-man got his when he went past my net between the 2nd and 3rd period and I accidentally stuck my stick into his skate blade while clearing my scraped snow from the crease and sent him into the boards. He was pissed,, but hen thought a minute and said, "We're even. Sorry." Sorry didn't cut it. I knew so many people saw my grand entrance on my face. I liked to jump onto the ice, but a face first dive isn't in the repertoire.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
i dont think people get how much ice he eats up and he's a very good offensive player. last year he never really got going in that regard.

he pinches at wrong times
Plays 2 on 1s terribly
Can’t get pucks past the blue line

Last edited:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
BB6 has been Our best player. By far.
Remember last year when I was hard on BB6 because he was playing like poop and everyone jumped down my throat. And this year I’ve been praising him (even games he doesn’t score) ... but none of those people have commented on my posts ... weird.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I'll take banana bread over a hangover 100 times out of 100.

No, no! This is a wonderful moist cake with hundreds of mini chips. You give it 20 seconds in the Nuker and the chips are all soft and gooey and the cake melts in your mouth. I beg her to make this thing all the time, but she gets ideas to bake other delicious things which makes me forget I wanted them as well. She's just such a damned good cook and baker. I teasingly say I have to go first otherwise I will starve to death. It always gets me a smack. LOL

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad