GDT: Canucks @ Vegas 7pm

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Darn:

Middle of second period: Sharks 3 - Devils 1.

Kings lose, but in OT to Jets 2-1.

Time to stop worrying about the chasers. If this team can't hold onto an 8 point lead with now 9 games to go then we don't deserve the division title. Can't seriously hope for "help" when you have all that control in your hands.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Time to stop worrying about the chasers. If this team can't hold onto an 8 point lead with now 9 games to go then we don't deserve the division title. Can't seriously hope for "help" when you have all that control in your hands.

The problem is that the Sharks are playing with new-found confidence. Last ten are 7-2-1 with a 4 game win streak.

Getting Evander Kane might be their "secret sauce" for success.

Playoffs are won or lost by a team's regular season momentum and confidence (or lack of them) going into the playoffs. Remember, the Preds were the last seed going into the playoffs last year and they almost ran the table, losing to the Pens in the Cup Finals.

Last edited:

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Off to San Jose (for Thursday's game) to make a statement or two.

GFredleaving.gif

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just got home from TMA. Nice easy win. Crowd was fairly subdued. What's with the cat calls?

Nice to see you back Hangman. Sorry about your cat. :(

Fleury took a hard shot right off the mask, so I hope they benched him as a precaution. Subban played well other than the softie to break the shut out streak. :( My GF was hoping for free Donuts!

Was hoping to see Wild Bill net his 40th. Thursday night would be a better time for it.

Slow game thread tonight. Yikes! We REALLY need more people in here!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The problem is that the Sharks are playing with new-found confidence. Last ten are 7-2-1 with a 4 game win streak.

Getting Evander Kane might be their "secret sauce" for success.

Playoffs are won or lost by a team's regular season momentum and confidence (or lack of them) going into the playoffs. Remember, the Preds were the last seed going into the playoffs last year and they almost ran the table, losing to the Pens in the Cup Finals.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not true. Using one example is not proof of anything. Some teams that have gone far had momentum, some seemingly weren't a threat and put it together and won a Cup. There is no formula that works other than get healthy and stay that way and then just get the bounces (or don't have an overmatched opponent get a ton of bounces) and advance one round at a time. The Sharks are putting themselves together now, the Preds went on a long winning streak, the Lightning were unbeatable early in the year...and yet they all will start the playoffs with 0-0 record and no one can say with any conviction who is going to win the Cup. If someone says they 'know' ignore them.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Emergency guys are emergency guys. If they need them, they sign them to a PTO.

I’m guessing the emergency goalie in town is UNLV’s goalie or a former goalie of some sort that hangs out at City National Arena.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Emergency guys are emergency guys. If they need them, they sign them to a PTO.

I’m guessing the emergency goalie in town is UNLV’s goalie or a former goalie of some sort that hangs out at City National Arena.

Can't be a college player as they would lose their eligibility as soon as they signed a PTO. In the Ducks case I think the goalie coach is the emergency backup in case both guys get hurt. At least that was the case when it was Roloson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->