Speculation: Canucks & UFA College players (Aug 15)

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Have to imagine they will look at a player or two. Guy I like is Jay O’Brien.

Scott Young has done very well so far.

Has anyone heard anything about the Canucks showing interest in any of these players?

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Robert Mastrosimone

Highly skilled left winger drafted in the 2nd in 2019.

John Farinacci

Two way centerman. One of those players that stood out for me for Team USA in the 2021 world juniors

Couple of guys I’d be interested in. No one else is remotely that intriguing.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Going to guess they end up signing with a NE based team. NYR, NYI, NJ, Pit, PHI, Bos. Both are from the NJ/NY area and the farm clubs for all teams are in the NE USA.

Reactions: Nucker42

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Robert Mastrosimone

John Farinacci

Two way centerman. One of those players that stood out for me for Team USA in the 2021 world juniors

Both Italian. It's a lock one of them signs.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Going to guess they end up signing with a NE based team. NYR, NYI, NJ, Pit, PHI, Bos. Both are from the NJ/NY area and the farm clubs for all teams are in the NE USA.
Yep.....looks like a couple of guys who'd sign with the Devils or Philly.......hard to imagine a kid who spends four years in college and works his way all the way to free agency, would be interested in coming all the way out West to play for the Canucks farm team.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Robert Mastrosimone

John Farinacci

Not a fan of Mastrosimone. Pass.

Farinacci I liked in his draft year. Character guy type. Injuries may have impacted his development but he never really stood out. Overall, I'm not sure there's enough offense there. Probably not worth an ELC.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not a fan of Mastrosimone. Pass.

Farinacci I liked in his draft year. Character guy type. Injuries may have impacted his development but he never really stood out. Overall, I'm not sure there's enough offense there. Probably not worth an ELC.
Farinacci signs with Boston. No surprise really. B's need prospects with dealing picks for Fowler, Orlov, and Bertuzzi the past 2 TDLs.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks were active in scooping up a couple of the the most promising NCAA d-men in Hirose and MicWard......and added a center with some upside in Sasson. That's a pretty impressive haul for one NHL team.

So I can't really see them adding anyone else, unless it's somebody on an AHL-only contract for organizational depth.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
46 contract slots with no RFAs to sign.

In terms of the Canucks prospects in the NCAA, you're looking at the 2020 draft class that need to be signed by the end of the season or they lose their rights. No one from 2021 had a late birthday and was drafted as a freshman in college.

Kunz and Truscott are the 2 from 2020. Kunz, a LW with just 11 points in 55 games. So, barring a massive turnover offensively, unlikely to get a contract. Truscott is the one they need to sign.

Still leaves them 3 contracts to work with for the rest of the year.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Farinacci might be able to carve out a 4th line-bottom-six career. He's more intriguing.

Jay O'Brien is almost 24. Probably just pass. Same with Mastrosimone, I recall the scouting on him is that his skating is not great, which isn't ideal for a smaller player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00