OT: Canucks Trivia Game

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Decided to start this out of pure boredom, but it should be fun!

Every few days (whenever I can), I'll add 3 questions to the thread, (let's hope I don't run out of questions too fast) and for each question you get right, you get a point, simple right?

I'll keep track of everyone's points, when I feel I've ran out of questions or I just feel the need to end it, we will have a winner!

NO CHEATING (Yes, that includes looking it up on the internet).

Winner get's a wiserhood clap.
Welcome+_ea75c0baec1c168fa95d82664cae1956.gif

Username|Points
MS|3
Reverend Mayhem|3
Tim Calhoun|1
Vankiller Whale|1

HERE WE GO!

Q #1: Colin Campbell played for Pittsburgh, Colorado, Edmonton, Vancouver and what other NHL Team?
A) Montreal B) Boston C) Detroit

Q #2: When Pavel Bure won the Calder Trophy in 1992, which Detroit player was the runner-up?
A) Kris Draper B) Nicklas Lidstrom C) Mathieu Schneider

Q #3: Marc Crawford, Pat Quinn and _______ are the only coaches to Head Coach the Canucks who also played for the NHL Canucks?
A) Phil Maloney B) Bill McCreary C) Orland Kurtenbach

Last edited:

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Trivia game for OLD people. How am I supposed to remember who the runner up for the Calder trophy was the year after I was born?!

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Trivia game for OLD people. How am I supposed to remember who the runner up for the Calder trophy was the year after I was born?!

Haven't you ever read up on your hockey history? I wasn't around in 1970 but I remember who scored the OT Winner in Game 4 of the 1970 cup finals.

Bobby Orr.. duh

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
1) and 2) are easy - Campbell finished his career in Detroit and Lidstrom was runner-up in 1992.

Kurtenbach is probably supposed to be the correct answer for 3) but Phil Maloney also played for the Canucks during the WHL period in the 1960s before later becoming the NHL head coach.

May 31, 2006
So you still get points of you answer the question after someone has already answered it correctly? That's dumb.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Haven't you ever read up on your hockey history? I wasn't around in 1970 but I remember who scored the OT Winner in Game 4 of the 1970 cup finals.

Bobby Orr.. duh

Yeah sure. I've done my research on hockey through the ages. From 1890 on wards. But SECOND place for a Calder trophy in 1993 isn't something that came up..

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I'll post new questions, if I dare be so bold:

1) Who scored a key OT goal to break a 5 year playoff drought?

2) Who did the Canucks lose to in the 1992 playoffs?

3) What future Maple Leafs star played for the Canucks in the 1980's?

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
I'll post new questions, if I dare be so bold:

1) Who scored a key OT goal to break a 5 year playoff drought?

2) Who did the Canucks lose to in the 1992 playoffs?

3) What future Maple Leafs star played for the Canucks in the 1980's?

2--Oilers I belive 4 games to 2
3- Could be Vaive or Delergo

1--Are you talkng about a 5 year drought in getting a goal or for making the playoffs? Nucks have two D-men if I am not mistaken that somehow scored OT goals after not getting any for years

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
here are a few easy ones

1) When the Canucks traded Patrick Sundstrom to the NJD the players they got back were Greg Adams and Kirk Mclean--they also got a draft pick--name him
2) WHo did the Canucks trade to get Tony Tanti
3) Name the Boston Bruin FW in the 80's who collapsed and nearly died in the dressing room between the first and second periods--he had a very serious brain aneurysm--who was it

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
here are a few easy ones

1) When the Canucks traded Patrick Sundstrom to the NJD the players they got back were Greg Adams and Kirk Mclean--they also got a draft pick--name him
2) WHo did the Canucks trade to get Tony Tanti
3) Name the Boston Bruin FW in the 80's who collapsed and nearly died in the dressing room between the first and second periods--he had a very serious brain aneurysm--who was it

necronecronecro

1. No clue...Rohlin perhaps? I cheated. Sorry.
2. Curt Fraser?
3. He was Swedish, was he or wasn't he? I remember this story. It's very hazy though.

If anyone will indulge me...

1. What eccentric Canuck was our Hart nominee in our first year to the playoffs and what was his nickname? BONUS: What did he allegedly do after one game?
2. The only Canuck to amass 30 goals and 300 PIMs...name him.
3. What goalie did we intend to protect when we traded for Beezer back in '93?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
1. What eccentric Canuck was our Hart nominee in our first year to the playoffs and what was his nickname? BONUS: What did he allegedly do after one game?
2. The only Canuck to amass 30 goals and 300 PIMs...name him.
3. What goalie did we intend to protect when we traded for Beezer back in '93?

1) ?

2) Williams?

3) Kay Whitmore

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

Gary "Suitcase" Smith, who once stormed out of the Pacific Coliseum and proceeded to drive home.

In full gear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad