Rem Pitlick

To Anaheim Ducks
Jake Virtanen

To Vancouver Canucks
Simon Benoit

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Regardless of value you'd think Vancouver would want to bring in roster players to insulate their young core. Not sell players off for futures that are even farther away.

I could see prospects or young roster players coming back but straight up picks for a guy like JT Miller doesn't sound right to me.

Reactions: Paulinbc

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
NJ can't trade a first round (potential lottery) pick and definitely not for a winger, who is not a need. The Devils might be in the market to sell Gusev or Palimieri for futures or younger NHLer at the deadline.

If the Devils really want to make a push for the PO, the help needs to come in form of Top4 D.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
From a Canucks perspective:
- If we're trading Miller.. that would be a decent haul, but I'd rather not trade Miller
- Definitely don't want to trade Edler. He's a lifer, and I think we can resign him for cheap for another year. He's been good this year.
- We've heard that Nashville likes Gaudette. I just don't think that Pitlick makes sense for either team.
- Why just give Virtanen away? I would ask for a pick + cap dump, or another struggling prospect.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why do people post multiple trades in a single thread?

1 - Miller - pick a team that actually makes sense to send him to. NJ doesn't make sense.
2) Edler - he holds a NMC and has not been willing to waive in the past. Likely not inclined to do so under Covid
3) Sutter is a TDL rental trade, thus the draft pick compensation, not a cap dump as he is a UFA.
4) Virtanen, no idea who the player from ANA is.
5) Gaudette, not familiar with the player you want back from NAS.

As for the Question about Canucks and veterans. They can't afford to sign their UFAs to be. Need cap space to sign Pettersson, Hughes, Demko. Miller move is the only one that would free cap space, but would hurt the team now. But, if they can't move off their bad contracts that don't expire until 2022 in Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, along with Luongo Recapture and giving Holtby an extra year, then they are burning another year of Miller, thus makes sense to move him as extending him when he turns 30 in 2023 doesn't make sense with all of the bad contracts we have seen handed out to 30 year olds.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
No to the Miller trade, he's an important part of the Lotto Line.

If Edler and Sutter get moved so be it, though I think Pearson should go too if Podkolzin is ready.

Also, if Sutter, Gaudette and Virtanen all go I hope at least some of these young guys goes to Nashville but for Calle Jarnkrok, I'd definitely take Gaudette for him as a swap (versatile, young, inexpensive, almost Selke caliber forward with a good shot and vision). No to just trading for kids and mid round picks.

Lotto
Hoglander - Bo - Podkolzin (presuming he's ready)
Roussel - Jarnkrok - Sutter (if Sutter's not moved)
Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No to the Miller trade, he's an important part of the Lotto Line.
I think the trades are meant to setup the Canucks moving forward for next season, not to finish out this season in which they hole they dug is too steep to climb out of and they've been playing crappy.

Miller has 2 more seasons after this until he's UFA.
If they can't move the bad contracts like Eriksson and others, then next season still depending on kids to push the club along. No outside help is coming. Thus the logic a Miller trade (not to NJ) would be to get younger rather than have to commit term to a 30 year old in a couple of seasons. He's still putting up a PPG right now, though he seems disinterested and not the same guy from last season.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Regardless of value you'd think Vancouver would want to bring in roster players to insulate their young core. Not sell players off for futures that are even farther away.

I could see prospects or young roster players coming back but straight up picks for a guy like JT Miller doesn't sound right to me.

Go away Jim.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The Devils can’t and won’t be trading their 1st this year—especially for a winger.

Regardless, I can’t imagine Vancouver selling JT at the moment. It just doesn’t make sense.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Suter doesn't really upgrade the Panthers. If they are going to take on a rental, there are much better options out there.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
In what world do the devils trade their 1st...

Edit: not only do we give up whats most likely a top 10 pick for JT miller but we also throw in a 3rd for funsies. straight trash

Last edited:

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

Edit: not only do we give up whats most likely a top 10 pick for JT miller but we also throw in a 3rd for funsies. straight trash

A 1st round pick in the 10 overall range and a 3rd is not an overpayment for JT Miller.

Sure, it doesn’t make sense for NJ, but to act like the 1st and 3rd (for funsies) are somehow an overpayment is ridiculous.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
A 1st round pick in the 10 overall range and a 3rd is not an overpayment for JT Miller.

Sure, it doesn’t make sense for NJ, but to act like the 1st and 3rd (for funsies) are somehow an overpayment is ridiculous.

JT Miller is good, not top 10 pick good (Most likely a top 5 pick)

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

I know right?! The Devils could be giving up the next Pavel Zacha for a 70 point player AAND the Devils have to throw in a 3rd! Outrageous.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020

If it's a top ten it's an overpayment....He doesn't fit either and has been really good with Vancouver do not get why they would trade him.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019

a 1st in the late teens early 20s is fine for Miller. one in the top 10 def is not and if you think it is youre only fooling yourself

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
lol the devils arent trading a lotto pick and a 3rd for JT miller.
and the nucks get a 4th for dumping sutter? nah

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

yes it is

also the devils currently have the 4th fewest points in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->