Prospect Info: Canucks Take D Joni Jurmo at 82nd Overall (JYP Jyväskylä)

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Watching him play in various video, he skates with the puck like Mats Sundin.

Check it out.

Maybe convert him to a forward?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
That's disappointing to hear about his hockey IQ. Right along with skating that's the most important facet for a defenseman.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That's disappointing to hear about his hockey IQ. Right along with skating that's the most important facet for a defenseman.
Kid is a fabulously gifted athlete. He’s big, skilled, and skates great. He processes slow. He’s our Broberg.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Kid is a fabulously gifted athlete. He’s big, skilled, and skates great. He processes slow. He’s our Broberg.

Supposedly his Defensive zone coverage is several years away.
Sorry, broken record, but perhaps should be playing as a Forward. I think he would be a star.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
That's great news re Jurmo.

It's time for someone with a bit of expertise to post an at-the-moment review of Jurmo and the rest of the European prospects: a list, giving their age, year drafted, current height and weight, current points and games played totals, teams and leagues they're playing in, etc., and a brief assessment of how they're tracking along with a prediction of when, if ever, they'll come to North America. I'd do it myself, but I just ... put my back out. Ouch!

Reactions: The Iron Goalie

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Looks like he is playing with midgets.
The good news, he's actually playing competitive hockey.....the bad news, this looks like a league that might fit right in at Eight Rinks. Wow!...that goaltending is off the charts bad.

But I guess in the midst of this Pandemic, you have to take the hockey where you can find it.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Supposedly his Defensive zone coverage is several years away.
Sorry, broken record, but perhaps should be playing as a Forward. I think he would be a star.

You do realize that as a forward he still has to understand defensive zone coverage? Even worse he’d have to learn and comprehend back pressure tactics, tendencies and the lanes his team wants him taking while learning an entirely new position within the actual defensive zone coverage.

Maybe you’d argue he plays C but then his difficulty identifying coverage below the goal line won’t be alleviated and he’s once again starting at an entire new position.

Part of this kids best talents is his ability to skate the length of the ice. Let’s try teaching him the finer details of the defensive aspect of the game. Wouldn’t be the first 18 year old who struggles in his own zone.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Jurmo finished with yet another assist this morning, and was was +2 with 5 shots in 18:38TOI.

Mestis totals - 10GP 3G 5A 8Pts
Good to see lets hope this LONG TERM project pans out. Thanks for the updates Iron Goaltender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad