OT: Canucks summer equipment sale 2015

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Welp, I'm here at the sale. Underwhelming this year. IIRC jerseys were only $45 and this year they're $75.

New sticks are $150 and used $100. I lament the days of getting used for $40 and new $80. I'm not up on player stick prices so I'm sure there might be some $300 twigs in the mix here but too rich for my blood.

Now there are some high end items but I usually come for the bargains. For example really nice Nike element shields jackets for $70 (on Amazon.com for $120 USD). In fact, lots of nice under armor and Nike drifit but again too expensive for me.

There are always cheap tshirts every year but this year a cheap version of the millionaires shirt is $15. I bought Sedin official shirts last year for $12.

Hats same price as always (30% off) but I feel like this year's designs suck.

As always I feel like there are tons of deals for women's stuff. So good for early Christmas or birthday presents.

Anyways just FYI for anyone who wad thinking of checking out the sale this year. I feel like every other year it's really good, and this is one of the meh years

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Hahah, i just got back home from there, not 10 minutes ago.

Good summary, this was definitely a meh year. Didn't walk away with anything this time around. The same Schneider jerseys that were $44 last year were $75 this year.

I looked at a North Face shell, it had a huge cut across the front panel. I am wondering if those were defects or something.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Hahah, i just got back home from there, not 10 minutes ago.

Good summary, this was definitely a meh year. Didn't walk away with anything this time around. The same Schneider jerseys that were $44 last year were $75 this year.

I looked at a North Face shell, it had a huge cut across the front panel. I am wondering if those were defects or something.

Those were reasonably priced but not a true bargain.

The 1/2 zips set $45 were a good deal compared to $65 usd on Amazon though

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Was the Schroeder jersey still there? Did someone snatch up that bargain? :sarcasm:

As soon as I saw they were $30 more expensive I didn't bother looking through. Super glad I got my Schneider jersey last year

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I bought 3 jerseys last year for $60 each, didn't see any for less than that. Bought 2 for $75 this year. Only major difference I noticed was last year they sold current players, only ex-players this year. I got both Sedins last year and this year just a Bieksa and a blank late 80's flying V/skate logo tweener.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Was the Schroeder jersey still there? Did someone snatch up that bargain? :sarcasm:

I almost considering thinking about maybe looking into purchasing a Malhotra, Richardson or Schneider jersey. Also saw Matthias, lots of Kesler, Kassian, Santorelli, Booth, Garrison and Schroeder.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I got Kassian's gloves from last year. Going to have to get one palm repaired. Thought they were $50 and turned out to be $75. Not a particularly good deal, but compared the $8500 for each of my 4 seats ....

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I bought 3 jerseys last year for $60 each, didn't see any for less than that. Bought 2 for $75 this year. Only major difference I noticed was last year they sold current players, only ex-players this year. I got both Sedins last year and this year just a Bieksa and a blank late 80's flying V/skate logo tweener.

They were $44 last year...are you thinking after tax? They were $75 this year before tax.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00