Proposal: Canucks-Stars

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Don't see us doing this, why not just try and improve Gaudette's FO ability and see if he could become that 3rd line C we apparently desperately need? Also, don't like paying for a pic.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Already dont have a 1st and 2nd this year,cant afford to give out another 2nd. Even Benning mentioned he is looking to recoup picks

Reactions: qqaz

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Faksa is nice. But I dont think Im ready to give up on Gaudette.

Also make that a 3rd round pick

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Yeah, that’s going to be a no from this Canucks fan. Gaudette has the potential to be a 50-60 point scorer one day.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Faksa is exactly what we need, change the 2nd to a 3rd or a B prospect and I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. As Dallas fans have already noted however they have no need to move Faksa...perhaps there's a slim chance he's available if he wants 3.5m+? Van can't really afford him in that scenario either unfortunately.

But excellent target by the OP, would dramatically improve the bottom 6 and free up Horvat from matchup duties - I suspect Horvat would have his best offensive year ever in such a scenario and the Canucks would be both better defensively and offensively.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Seems fair. I'd rather keep Faksa, but if Dallas thinks they'll have difficulty coming to terms with him on an extension thats about what I'd hope for in return.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I really don’t like Gaudette’s overall game and Faksa has been an important player for us particularly in the playoffs. A late 2nd isn’t likely to become anything so I’d rather keep Faksa and give him a contract with some term

Reactions: redbeardtx

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I don't see the value in this for Dallas. The Stars have some cap space and they are in their win now window. They have an aging core and 2 season with really good contracts with their top 3 dmen. I think the Stars are better to keep Faska and try to add to that team for a 2 year cup push (three if you include this season).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad