Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign Tyler Graovac to one year two-way deal

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Still kinda' scratching my head with this one....I realize he can play center and the Canucks are familiar with this player....but was there anyone else on the UFA list who was a better bet?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Still kinda' scratching my head with this one....I realize he can play center and the Canucks are familiar with this player....but was there anyone else on the UFA list who was a better bet?

Grabner, Sheary, Haula, Frolik, Brassard. Pretty much just any legitimate NHL player, if the cost was around a $1MM

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Grabner, Sheary, Haula, Frolik, Brassard. Pretty much just any legitimate NHL player, if the cost was around a $1MM

These guys likely aren't looking to sign with a team that has them pencilled in to play in the AHL and making $175K while there.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
he's a decent depth centre and a good signing given the limited shot we can offer him. he's at best our #6 centre and competing with michaelis for that spot.

guys with better resumes are not signing 2ways and are looking for better shots

out of solidarity i will only use this guy's batteries now.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It's just an AHL depth signing. He wont see much time but he will see some. Has skill for a big guy and can slot in anywhere without looking out of place.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'd be fine with them bumping one of our existing roster players off of the roster.

Like who? Gaudette? MacEwen?

The Canucks were reportedly interested in Haula early on. No thanks to Sheary. Brassard is just going to take away opportunities from Gaudette. Grabner and Frolik are veteran bottom 6 forwards that would be solid additions I think, but again, who are they bumping off the roster? Beagle, Sutter or Eriksson? Doesn't make much sense for the team at this point.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Bumping this.

Thoughts on Graovac so far? Is he a cheap but effective 4C solution going forward.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Love his efforts.
Already ahead of bennings mentor in the depth charts
That being said he’s still an easily replaceable player.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I agree with sting101, seems to be a good guy to have in the system. He's shown he has a good accurate shot during preseasons and again yesterday and he can fill in on the 4th line when we have injuries just fine. Nothing spectacular, and at age 28 you dont expect him to develop too much more, but will probably be a solid contributor on the farm team and a call up you arent afraid of seeing in the lineup when you need a centre.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The exact sort of player that should always be available to rotate through on the fourth line. Cheap, serviceable depth. Zero risk if it doesn't work out, nice upside if it does.

Go through enough guys like Graovac and eventually one of them will have a season like Tim Schaller did in Boston. The key is to not get anchored if/when that does happen.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's unfortunate that Graovac got injured last season. He was fitting in well and was in his prime. He's definitely a good depth piece to have around on the farm.

Reactions: lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad