Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
tenor.gif

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
That's awesome. The kid has an impressive skillset, but the most impressive thing I've seen is his compete level. On and off the ice, it looks like he's got a drive in him. And that's the most crucial thing for prospects imo. He's got everything it takes to be an NHLer for many years, I'm happy he's signed with us.

Reactions: dwarf

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
What does this mean? He can't play in Utica right?

His ELC won't kick in until next season if he plays a game.

The Warriors are going to the playoffs but aren't favourites to go far. He could end up in Utica this season if he signs an ATO after the Warriors are eliminated and Utica is still playing.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
That's awesome. The kid has an impressive skillset, but the most impressive thing I've seen is his compete level. On and off the ice, it looks like he's got a drive in him. And that's the most crucial thing for prospects imo. He's got everything it takes to be an NHLer for many years, I'm happy he's signed with us.

I echo these thoughts, though I'd like to start a campaign to substitute the good English word "competitiveness" for the hockey jargon phrases "his compete" and "his compete level." But it'd probably be a campaign of one.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
His ELC won't kick in until next season if he plays a game.

The Warriors are going to the playoffs but aren't favourites to go far. He could end up in Utica this season if he signs an ATO after the Warriors are eliminated and Utica is still playing.

If he plays more than 9 games in the NHL next year, then yep—otherwise it slides as he'll be a 19 year old

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Just one of the coolest skill sets in our prospect pool, gritty defenceman who has offensive tools

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have the Canucks ever drafted a true top pairing d-man from the WHL?....Garth Butcher, who I believe played in Regina was a high pick, but really not a top-four guy. Woo might break the Canucks WHL slump.

And I suppose if they were to draft Byram, would they have two members of a future 'top-four' pairing? I defer to posters who watch the WHL far more than I do.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Have the Canucks ever drafted a true top pairing d-man from the WHL?....Garth Butcher, who I believe played in Regina was a high pick, but really not a top-four guy. Woo might break the Canucks WHL slump.

And I suppose if they were to draft Byram, would they have two members of a future 'top-four' pairing? I defer to posters who watch the WHL far more than I do.
Maybe Brent Sopel?

Not WHL but WCHL: Harold Snepsts (2nd pairing)

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Looks promising. Very young still does not turn 19 until July. Nice to have prospect with edge as well. Our d actually has some promise a few years out. Need more but at least some potential.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
The most exciting prospect we have. We need a skill-set like his desperately, will instantly be the most physical defenceman on this team, which is sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->