Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign G Jake Kielly

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
seems to have had a solid college career but i'm not really sure a 500th goalie is worth using a contract slot on

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
ECAC isn't nearly as competitive as the other top 3 conferences the past couple of seasons.
Interesting to see.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Pretty good numbers and a finalist for the Mike Richter award.

Interesting that DiPietro will have some competition in Utica next season.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
DiPietro, Kielly and Bachman all signed next season. Bachman is a question mark as he's coming off a season ending injury. This is a smart move
Yeah hopefully this means we avoid the cluster$*#@ this season with respect to goalies. Elmer is learning. Join the management at Aquaman Industries. No experience needed. On the job training.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Never even heard of this guy this signing will NOT save the season or make any diffy in Utica either. Makes NO sense. Just :facepalm:

Reactions: Krnuckfan

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Shoutout to Ryan Biech for being all over this name before the signing. If all he does is backup MDP next season in Utica that’s fine with me. Mazanec and Leighton are only signed until July and are meh options at best. Mazanec is like 26 with hugely mediocre stats in the AHL and hasn’t exactly helped Utica to a playoff berth, while Leighton is like 40.

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Lots of free agent back-up goalie options and another potential young guy to fill up gives us a trade option. Allows us to move one of our assets. So....

1st Overall in the NHL Draft for --> our 2019 First (wherever we land) + Demko/DiPietro + 2020 2nd/3rd Overall depending on how far we slide in lottery + add younger player who is an AHL tweener (Dahlen would have fit here).

That enough to have Bettman start the draft with a "We have a trade to announce..." declaration?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Impossible to have much of an opinion on this. No idea if he’s Garteig-type ECHL depth or an actual Utica option and real prospect. Will get more of an idea in training camp.

I take it this is yet another signing not going to Utica?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Impossible to have much of an opinion on this. No idea if he’s Garteig-type ECHL depth or an actual Utica option and real prospect. Will get more of an idea in training camp.

Never a bad thing to have a couple younger developing goaltenders. Bachman is also a question mark.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

Never a bad thing to have a couple younger developing goaltenders. Bachman is also a question mark.

Reactions: Hit the post

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Lol they're burning a year for Kielly too. So it's a 1 year deal essentially.
Not worried about that for Kielly. Unless he somehow gets called up and posts a .920SV% over 25 games like Binnington, I doubt he is even getting a full one-way contract if he gets re-signed the next year.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Not worried about that for Kielly. Unless he somehow gets called up and posts a .920SV% over 25 games like Binnington, I doubt he is even getting a full one-way contract if he gets re-signed the next year.

I just think they're setting a precedent for all NCAA players that they will burn an ELC year instead of doing an ATO and getting maximum value out of the ELC.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Never even heard of this guy this signing will NOT save the season or make any diffy in Utica either. Makes NO sense. Just :facepalm:
Agreed, why would this organization sign NCAA free agents and add free prospects to their pipeline. IT MAKES NO SENSE. BENNING DURR.

We are not a team in a position to add prospects to our cupboards for free.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Lots of free agent back-up goalie options and another potential young guy to fill up gives us a trade option. Allows us to move one of our assets. So....

1st Overall in the NHL Draft for --> our 2019 First (wherever we land) + Demko/DiPietro + 2020 2nd/3rd Overall depending on how far we slide in lottery + add younger player who is an AHL tweener (Dahlen would have fit here).

That enough to have Bettman start the draft with a "We have a trade to announce..." declaration?

Nope. It's going to take a fortune to get the 1st OA... enough to cripple us going forward. I'm not even sure we have the assets to do it unless we're willing to say goodbye to Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and/or Horvat. I don't see it happening.

Anyway Kielly's probably a Brackett pick, so maybe there's something there. I'll be happy with if we even end up with an AHL caliber goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->