Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Micheal Ferland to a 4-year, $3.5M AAV Deal

What do we think of the deal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Elliotte thinks Ferland and the Canucks are close (discussion on 650).

Edit:
Ah, somebody else beat me to it. Mods please delete or lock or something.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Gotta wonder about cap space. Could this mean Jake is gone to get rid of Loui? Ferland does what we want Jake to do

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ugh. Took longer than expected but predictable.

Only hope is that because this dragged on for 10 days that he's coming it at lower value than expected.

Guy is a decent bottom-6 grinder who has had his numbers ridiculously inflated by playing with Gaudreau/Monahan and Aho/Teravainen for the past two years and dragging those elite linemates down. Should be a $2 million player but will get way more than that.

How many forwards do we have now?

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
one of the bigger earners is gonna have to go, Sutter, Baer, Loui, coz I dont imagine this Ferland contract is gonna come under $4m aav

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I wonder if we have a Sutter deal then coming as we need to create cap space quick. I just hope Benning isn't moving Tanev to create space thinking Myers replaces him as we need both.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Ugh. Took longer than expected but predictable.

Only hope is that because this dragged on for 10 days that he's coming it at lower value than expected.

Guy is a decent bottom-6 grinder who has had his numbers ridiculously inflated by playing with Gaudreau/Monahan and Aho/Teravainen for the past two years and dragging those elite linemates down. Should be a $2 million player but will get way more than that.

How many forwards do we have now?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
The fact that is has taken so long for Ferland to find a team makes me think the terms will be more reasonable. Perhaps a Roussel type of contract. I'm not sure if even that would be that good though because Ferland just isn't a very good player.

But then again it's Jimbo, so it could be anything.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
We absolutely have to be shipping some guys out if this is the direction we're going in. Guys like Gaudette and MacEwen should be given the opportunity to succeed this season.

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium
Like the player. Gonna hate the contract. He's something we did need though. Tough guy who can score to play with Petey?

Ferland Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Miller
Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen
Roussel Beagle Sutter

Roussel wil be on LTIR to start the season and we can bury Eriksson's lazy ass after that

That's not a bad team actually

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Reserving judgement until I see term and dollars. Ferland can be a useful player for this team, but we can ill afford any more poor contracts.

2-3 years at $4m~ would be a fair price for a player who has scraped 40 points and provides some grit to our forward group. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad