https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/status/313013476652093440

Welcome Stefan Schneider 2.0 :sarcasm:

RachelLewis-OSUvLSSU-12022011-13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hard to find too much info, but found this brief scouting report:

What He Does: The junior boasts great size, standing at 6-foot-6, 221 pounds, but plays a solid all-around game. Lain has solid stick skills and is responsible defensively, making him a more well-rounded player than the purely physical role that many players his size take on – not that Lain shies away from physical play.

Read more here: http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/2012/08/21/az_lain/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
TSN’s Bob McKenzie expects Lain to be one of the first college free agents to sign with an NHL team and it could happen as early as in the next 48 hours. The Anaheim Ducks, Detroit Red Wings, and Phoenix Coyotes are among the other Western Conference teams interested in the centre.

Other college free agents the Canucks are reportedly interested in include right winger Antoine Laganiere, and defencemen Andrej Sustr and Shayne Taker. Sustr and Taker are both big defencemen with Sustr standing at 6’8″ and 218 pounds and Taker at 6’4″ and 196 pounds.

This was from the other day.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
TSN’s Bob McKenzie expects Lain to be one of the first college free agents to sign with an NHL team and it could happen as early as in the next 48 hours. The Anaheim Ducks, Detroit Red Wings, and Phoenix Coyotes are among the other Western Conference teams interested in the centre.

Other college free agents the Canucks are reportedly interested in include right winger Antoine Laganiere, and defencemen Andrej Sustr and Shayne Taker. Sustr and Taker are both big defencemen with Sustr standing at 6’8″ and 218 pounds and Taker at 6’4″ and 196 pounds.

This was from the other day.

So Bob Mac had no idea the Canucks were interested

LolClarkson*

Mike Gillis is getting out of control with his size trip.

He goes from Pavol Demitra, Micheal Samuellson and skipping Kyle Beach in the draft to this ? :fight::pb:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
So Bob Mac had no idea the Canucks were interested

He did, he specifically mentioned the Canucks. Not sure where that quote is from but it sounds like it's by a Canucks source (Province? Vancouver Sun?) so it's implied that we're one of the teams interested.

CanucksOo

Jul 29, 2006
California
From yesterday:

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Lake Superior coach Jim Roque tells CKWX that he projects Lain to be a 3rd or 4th line checking center in the NHL.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He did, he specifically mentioned the Canucks. Not sure where that quote is from but it sounds like it's by a Canucks source (Province? Vancouver Sun?) so it's implied that we're one of the teams interested.

OH. My bad. That quote seemed weird.

I'm ok with this signing considering the prospect pool is barren.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
From yesterday:

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Lake Superior coach Jim Roque tells CKWX that he projects Lain to be a 3rd or 4th line checking center in the NHL.

Take it for what it's worth, but a comparable I've seen so far has been Brian Boyle.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
This is what Feebster found:

Not much more than you guys have. CCHA isn't a league i follow that much. He does sound like what the Canucks hoped Schneider would become, a physical bottom 6 C. With Schneider's contract expiring, looks like they are trying to replace him and since he is 23, its only a 2 year contract which i find for some reason much easier to swallow than the 3 year, when it comes to these free agent signings. He sounds good on FO @ 59%, one of the few + players on that team.

Reading the USCHO forums, sounds like he is a naturally physical player who is unable to play the type of physical game he is capable of because he has developed a reputation with the refs so he gets called on everything. Which would explain his PIMs.

So he's 6'6 and was punished for being too physical in the NCAA. That has to get one excited over the potential seeing him in the bottom 6 one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->