Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Danila Klimovich to ELC

VasilyHoglander

Jun 28, 2014
West Vancouver

The way he winds up here and rushes into the offensive zone reminds me the same plays that Mackinnon does. To he say has "below average skating" is idiotic.

no, it's not. watch closely and notice how he loses speed during his second set of cross-over. When he skates in a straight line with no cross-over he lands way too much on his inside edge.

Reactions: AwesomeInTheory

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I wonder if this is more of a Klimovich really wants to leave Belarus and see this as a golden opportunity to leave for a better life while playing the sport he loves

Reactions: Lindgren

Dural

Jul 1, 2013
Sounds like the team found a potential gem, who they think is closer to making the NHL than other teams do...or they're trying to cover for the lack of picks/prospects and tell the fanbase that all is well. The competition in the clips doesn't look good, so the AHL is going to be a huge jump up, and the first quarter of a season will be very telling about how far away he is.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Klimovich is an intriguing prospect. 2nd round pick and already signed...

Future Podkolzin linemate?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I said this when we drafted hoglander, but there is something here. Similar to hoglander his stickhandling sticks out. Might not have hoglanders non stop motor, but his size with the stickhandling ability makes him a unique factor and player on the ice. Very good pick.

Last edited:

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Sounds like the team found a potential gem, who they think is closer to making the NHL than other teams do...or they're trying to cover for the lack of picks/prospects and tell the fanbase that all is well. The competition in the clips doesn't look good, so the AHL is going to be a huge jump up, and the first quarter of a season will be very telling about how far away he is.
I thought his competition was pretty weak too, but he did well in the world juniors against tougher competition with relatively weaker teammates.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I said this when we drafted hoglander, but there is something here. Similar to hoglander his stickhandling sticks out. Might not have hoglanders non stop motor, but his size with the stickhandling ability makes him a unique factor and player on the ice. Very good pick.
I would like this very much.

Does he juggle on a unicycle though?

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I'm with you....every time I see the kid on Youtube, he's jetting through the neutral zone. Of course 'conventional wisdom' was that Podkolzin's skating needed work as well.

I think some of these scouting reports on line are mindless 'pap' from people simply repeating what they heard on Twitter. I mean every 18-year old kid can improve their skating.....but that doesn't mean they were 'below average' to begin with.
Agreed. He just needs a stronger finish. I don’t mean his shot, I mean he often gets stopped up or slowed down before he gets into shooting position. Or he makes a poor decision.
I think that’s something they can develop in the right situation.
Cautious optimism here. As in all cases with the Canucks lately.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Trent Cull is the coach in Abby

Danila will not play in the top 6 just for the sake of the franchise being invested in Danila as a high draft pick.

Playing in the AHL wont mean guaranteed minutes

We saw how he treated Lind and Gadjovich in previous years when they werent ready for the top role.

If Danila is ready, Cull will play him. If he isnt, he will be bottom 6 or even healthy scratch especially in whats looking like a deep Abby team with the likes of Petan, Guiespee etc..

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
if he isn't ready for the ahl i hope the canucks can arrange a chl trade from noranda to a bc team. i'd rather he retain his confidence than get torn down and rebuilt like gadjovic.

also, living with billet parents might be what he needs even if he stays in the ahl (or nhl!).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unless the Dynamo Minsk coach was just blowing smoke, claiming that Klimovich was a top-six winger in the KHL, then he's a lock to stick with the Abby Canucks.

Frankly the coaching he'd get in the AHL would be far superior to anything he'd ever get in junior. So in order of preference, it's the AHL first; the KHL second; and third, major junior in N.A.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver

I would do whatever it takes to keep him in North America.

Exactly, I've been hearing very bad things about what's going on with Athletes in Belarus. She's positive they were going to lock her up in prison because she dared to speak out on social media against her coaches (state implemented coaches, I may add) choice to put her in the 400m, an event she'd never trained for. That's it, that's her "Crime". That's all it took. Just that, for the government to think that she's a loud mouth that doesn't follow marching orders, and needed to be forced to come home before she could do any more damage.

And her claim is not a claim that is without merit, public figures are getting locked up in Belarus for less, and even the lightest forms of dissent of any kind are facing serious action like torture. An activist was just killed and hung in public as a very clear message a few days ago. It's not a healthy situation.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
no, it's not. watch closely and notice how he loses speed during his second set of cross-over. When he skates in a straight line with no cross-over he lands way too much on his inside edge.
Player goes coast to coast on a rush, critics say it was not coast to coast, too much inside edge.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Exactly, I've been hearing very bad things about what's going on with Athletes in Belarus. She's positive they were going to lock her up in prison because she dared to speak out on social media against her coaches (state implemented coaches, I may add) choice to put her in the 400m, an event she'd never trained for. That's it, that's her "Crime". That's all it took. Just that, for the government to think that she's a loud mouth that doesn't follow marching orders, and needed to be forced to come home before she could do any more damage.

And her claim is not a claim that is without merit, public figures are getting locked up in Belarus for less, and even the lightest forms of dissent of any kind are facing serious action like torture. An activist was just killed and hung in public as a very clear message a few days ago. It's not a healthy situation.

Their athletes are as oppressed as our athletes pretend to be.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Trent Cull is the coach in Abby

Danila will not play in the top 6 just for the sake of the franchise being invested in Danila as a high draft pick.

Playing in the AHL wont mean guaranteed minutes

We saw how he treated Lind and Gadjovich in previous years when they werent ready for the top role.

If Danila is ready, Cull will play him. If he isnt, he will be bottom 6 or even healthy scratch especially in whats looking like a deep Abby team with the likes of Petan, Guiespee etc..
This team isn’t in sleepy Utica any more, where people are lucky to catch a stream or some clipped hilights. Team will be under a microscope and fans will expect to see prospects play.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
This team isn’t in sleepy Utica any more, where people are lucky to catch a stream or some clipped hilights. Team will be under a microscope and fans will expect to see prospects play.

microscopes cuts both ways on ice time.

fans will also see prospects play and thereby understand why they are not playing.

could be very hard on prospects to have canucks twitter monitoring them closely. ahl vets will hopefully shield them with an overall winning record and atmosphere. a guy like petan has seen this movie.

Reactions: Dab and MarkMM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad